Guess what? You'll never guess. So guess! Oh, guess what!?!?
I have a floating holiday(!!!)
Oh sure, you are all like, "Misty, what the hell are you talking about?"
And I am all like, "Just gimme a sec and I will tell you (!!!)"
See, I worked on Columbus Day. I know this because I had a planning meeting and did a fact sheet for a project and emailed half a million people that day. Plus, I wrote it on my calendar. And my agency has that day, that glorious hard-working day, as a floating holiday. Usually I take them whenever they occur. Why save them up? I could be dead by the time I want to use it. Gah. But! This one came and went and I worked on that day so, I have a whole day to take off.
Yes, yes, I have other time off. Sick days and vacation days. But I am so so paranoid about not having any time off that I barely ever use these if I can help it. What if a kid gets sick? What if I have no time off? What if awful personnel department treats me like evil, non-profit screwing criminal again? (This happened when Brother had tonsillitis and other nasty infections my very first week back after having Jelly Bean.) Oh. Can't take it. Have to hoard hoard hoard.
Needless to say, I am thrilled about this new development. And do you know what I am thinking of doing with said day?
*Flash a dangerous look*
Nothing. I am thinking of staying home and sending kids to school/daycare and eating a whole pan of brownies and gallon of ice cream all by my own self, while watching girlie movies that I would be too embarrassed to tell most folks I even want to see! But, you and I know me much better than that. I will most likely take off the day before Thanksgiving. To cook. Yeah, I know. Plain Jane, hum drum, vanilla.
But it is fun to dream.
7 comments:
I always think about taking a day like that... then I don't. My desire for a carefree, indulgent day is won over by the practical need to get the house cleaned or prepare for an event. It will still be nice to have the day off, even if you are cooking. Maybe you could slip a pan of brownies in there and manage at least one chick flick!
You should TOTALLY take a 'me' day. Seriously! Do it! And then write reviews on all the chick flicks, so I know what to watch on my 'me' day!
:)
Heidi
oooh, a floating holiday sounds like fun!! Have a good time with it.
Well, you could at least see one girlie movie before the cooking commences, right?
Hey, and I tagged you for a meme. But you are hereby forbidden to use your floating holiday posting it. Unless that is what you WANT to do.
If you hate meme's, my feelings will not be hurt if you don't do it.
Hey, just wanted you to know that I followed you here from Catherine's blog. I really liked your comments over there. They resonate with me. So, I've been reading this for awhile and thought I should finally say "hi". Thanks for posting!
Megan
*Sniff*
*Fan eyes frantically*
Ya'll. I have a lurker. And she has said hello. And I may cry, because....
People read my blog and they like it.
*sigh* I can now die a happy woman.
I am off Monday for Veteran's Day and am sending both kids to daycare and shipping husband off to work, and just keeping the day for me. HOOOORAY!
Maybe I'll rent embarrassing chick flicks too. (The last one I really liked was Because I Said So with Mandy Moore) I love chick flicks that make me cry.
Usually on a me day though, I just park it in front of TLC and watch A Baby Story all day long. My favorite!
Post a Comment