Thursday, November 29, 2007

Reality Bites...Hard

Intro: Misty is sitting in the backseat of her car in the daycare parking lot, buckling Jelly Bean into his car seat. Brother is already buckled and waiting to go. Misty gets out of the rear passenger door, shuts it, and begins to walk towards the driver's side door, on the other side of the vehicle.

*Father and twin sons walk out of Daycare door. Twins appear to be about 3 years old.*

Father:*shouting* We don't like any dumb old GIRLS!
Boys: YEAH!
Father: Because we are in the Cool Club!
Boys: YEAH!
Twin 1: Let's beat them up!
Father and Twin 2: YEAH!

Misty: *a little slack-jawed, but musters up courage* Yeah. That is a positive thing to teach them.
Father: *throws a dirty look at Misty*

Misty, still stunned, gets into the car with her two sons and drives away.

Ok, so it does not make such a thrilling drama, but doesn't it rend your heart? Let's insult a person's intelligence and physically harm someone based on their gender.

Do we REALLY wonder why a woman is beat every 1.4 minutes in this country? Is it any wonder that the legislature will NOT protect people from hate crimes that are based on gender? From the mouths of babes shall come the truth, unadorned.

I am moving to Norway.

6 comments:

Sara said...

I'm proud of you for saying something! I probably would have belted him one!

Family Adventure said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LoriD said...

"Let's beat them up!" WTF?

Those poor little boys.

d e v a n said...

That's horrifying.

Judy said...

I am neither shocked at the dad's words nor at your reaction. I am however proud of you as always.

Also, the word that comes to mind for that man is not very nice, and rhymes with stick.

This makes me want to both wear and destroy my T shirt that says "Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them." It's not boys that are stupid; it's just some people. I think we should figure out a way to send THEM to Norway, or some deserted island.

Emblita said...

Wow, that was an incredible level of stupidity right there! Those poor boys- growing up hearing that sort of stuff.
But hey come over to Scandinavia anytime. We're not quite that bad- plus free healthcare! :รพ