So, after this day...here comes Halloween night.
I checked Brother out of school, went and picked up the Bean, because the daycare was closing early (but I would have checked him out at the same time, nonetheless. Ever complain about stuff for no good reason?) and brought the boys home from school. On the way home I called Honey to see when he would be starting the hour long commute. He said soon. Come to find out that everyone was checking out early to bring the kiddies trick or treating and he sat in like 2 hours of traffic to get home. Oi.
I made dinner, which Brother tasted and made the most awful face in the world, as if I were making him eat cow pies. Ok. Food is gross if it is not cereal or eggs or cheese or broccoli. Got it. I nursed and fed Jelly Bean, Honey got home and decided to eat. It was all going fine until I realized that it was getting dark outside. Ack! I put the candy in a festive gift bag and placed it by the door and made sure our porch light was on. Then we got dressed up (i.e. the kids got dressed up). Well, Brother dressed himself and even got the huge-o-ginormous head for his costume on. Jelly Bean's costume was still in the car, so we dressed him in the driveway. Don't ask, because I couldn't tell you why. Anyway, then we headed out.
We went down two little streets. Ok, two little streets is deceptive. It was two streets, but the streets were looooong. The houses were faaaaar apart. It was a trek. And I chose the worst pair of shoes imaginable. Oh, my poor feet. But we got some good candy out of the deal. I promptly stole all the Hershey bars and m&ms to make cookies with at a later date. Maybe peanut butter cookies with chocolate chunks and m&ms? Opinions?
All in all, we had a good time. Take a look!
**Edited to remove photo of my sweet bratlings, because I am afeard of nasty Internet predators. Lik e you! Muahahaha!
3 comments:
Look how happy you all look! Clearly it was a huge success! I love Brother's costume. That head! Wow! Can't believe he managed to get it on by himself.
Heidi
So oh my god, are you the cutest family ever, or what? All 3 of you look so freaking happy I could die!! I love it!!
What an awesome picture! I love the costumes - your kids are gorgeous!
I wouldn't have noticed the mop if you didn't say anything. Our porch is always full of miscellaneous crap - strollers (single and double), a wagon, hockey sticks. From our porch, you can tell that the house is "lived in"!
Post a Comment