Friday, November 9, 2007

Ohio

So, remember how I said that I wanted to go to Ohio sometime in the near future?

Well, the wish fairy must have been reading my blog, because my folks offered to buy me and the boys some plane tickets. I really want to go, but going creates a whole new host of problems. Like Honey, who doesn't have the time off from work. And hotel rooms. And food. And nap time. Etc.

Christmas is coming and we have to find money for gifts for people as well. Our budget is really tight right now. Of course, this is our decision. We want to be out of debt, so tightening the belt is a necessity.

It is just hard. I want stuff. Honey wants stuff. We want to get stuff for the kids. Macro lenses, Nintendo GameCubes and plane trips are difficult to come by on tight budgets. Anyway, so I am a bit stressed today. So, my childhood best friend, who also happens to be a co-worker played 45 minutes worth of hooky to have a giggle-filled lunch at McDonald's. (What better way to commemorate not having any money than by going out and spending money. Ironically, this almost always makes me feel better.)

I need to be my own cheerleader. We can do it! We can do it!

I am going to cozy up to my calculator now...but I hope you guys have a lovely weekend. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I do hope you figure it out. Might be good for you to get away if you can. Too bad you can't cash in that floating holiday for CASH.

LoriD said...

You CAN do it. Where there's a will, there's a way (and all that).

Hope you can figure it out!