According to folks who know about such things, we are to have an unseasonably warm winter this year. In the mid-November night, our windows are opened in a lot of rooms and the house resounds with the whirring of fans. I actually like this because it reminds me of my childhood summers in Ohio where, at least at that time, most homes did not have air conditioning. I remember only the very few and select having temperature control in the summer. Even now, my parents' home is always warmer than I would like in certain months. They just keep the thermostat higher than I would like, I assume because they grew up with warm summers and no freon-enhanced air. Can you imagine what it was like to live in the Deep South before there was such a thing as air conditioning, Scarlett? I can't. I wonder what that was like.
The whole house is dark, save for a few flickering night lights and this bold computer screen. Once again, I have hoisted myself from dark sleep to come here to blog in the night, alone with my thoughts. I think it was Emerson who said something around the lines of perseverance is not completing one long race, but many short races in succession. That will be my thought as I head back to dreamland.
3 comments:
I love the feel of a cool breeze through the window. It is nice to have the air conditioning option, I must admit.
It's been warm here too, like in the 60's. In Buffalo!!
I love having a cool breeze in the house too, but cannot live without the AC in the summer.
Come to Norway. Shiver, shiver, shiver.
I'm a little envious right now. And I love winter...
Heidi
Post a Comment