Thursday, November 15, 2007

Relax...

I think the term "funk" is what I have been in. Sometimes I think it is work and sometimes I think it is money. Sometimes I think it may just be the passage of time and the kids getting older.

But I want out of this state of mind. Know what would make me feel better?

I want to get into a clean car with Prodigal Summer read by Barbara Kingsolver on cd playing. I want to eat good Godiva Chocolates and drink delicious Starbucks coffee while I drive and drive on country roads to a spa resort in the middle of nowhere. Then I would proceed to wear fluffy comfy pajamas and order room service. Maybe read a bit. Sleep a bit. Just forget everything and all my responsibilities. Then, I would have a whole day at the spa with hot stone massages, uplifting facials, and a Cleopatra milk and honey body wrap. Then I would get my hair done and a pedicure and go to dinner in the hotel, by myself. I would order whatever I wanted including appetizers and dessert. On second thought, I think I might order dessert to be served in my room with a bottle of my favorite Italian dessert wine. Or two.

Then I would sleep until noon, put on comfy jeans and a sweatshirt and go walking outside. Maybe sit in a pile of leaves off of the beaten path and remind myself how small I am. How big everything else is.

This is my happy thought/fantasy. Whenever I get confined or down, I imagine doing this and I immediately feel better. Of course, I purposefully forget any responsibilities that would inhibit such a jaunt. Anyway, what is your happy place? Where do you go physically or mentally to escape?

5 comments:

Sara said...

I am done with diapers! I am done with diapers! (save for the nighttime pull up on the boy)

I always bought them in bulk at BJ's. Spent like $30 on a box and got maybe 140-160 diapers depending on size?

Tess said...

Restaurant patio. Wine + book + delicious snacks + someone to serve them.

I feel better already.

LoriD said...

Would you consider picking me up along the way? Sounds awesome.

My fantasy is to be in my own house. Alone. No work to be done. It's completely clean and tidy and I have a good book, a full pot of coffee and a whole platter of cheese, crackers and fruit.

Sara said...

hey it looks weird that my comment is here from your old post.

I would do it so the same way. in fact, i will come with you. Godiva Chocolate and Starbucks....yeah baby!

Family Adventure said...

I imagine having endless amounts of money and divvying it up between friends, family and strangers. Weird, but satisfying!

Heidi