I have been tagged! For a meme!
*Insert little jig*
I take this to mean that folks like me. And I like that about folks. So, thank you TFM. I so enjoy being on your radar.
Four jobs I've had:
1. Sonic Waitress-y person - my very first job which taught me to never ever ever work in fast food again.
2. Waitress at a Chinese Restaurant - which caused me to be a very very picky Asian food consumer. I like good things. When I go eat there now, I feel like I have died and gone to heaven.
3. Grain tester on The River - I did this for a while when Brother was very small. Essentially, I worked at a grainery pureeing dried corn and doing a bit of chemistry to make sure those big barges didn't have any corn with its genes mixed up. Half the world won't eat that corn, you know. If it went all the way over the big blue ocean and THEY tested it and it came back positive? They don't have to buy it. Interesting, yes?
4. Bank Teller - Never ever EVER be a bank teller. It is awful sweat-shop type employment and you make more money slinging burgers at McDonald's. Nuff said.
Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. French Kiss - Love Meg Ryan. Love this Movie.
2. Beaches - *Sniff* *Sob* A gut-wrencher from my youth.
3. National Treasure - because it is so damn exciting. And Honey bought me a copy. And it is so damn exciting.
4. Tommy Boy - It is funny. I can't help it. (PS Don't tell Honey.)
Four TV shows I like:
1. Reba - I love Reba. She is so great. And funny. And red-headed.
2. Scrubs - Spastic, Eccentric, and Fun-NY.
3. Dirty Jobs - Honey and I watch this sometimes.
4. Good Eats - I watched this like a fiend when I was pregnant. I was in love with Alton Brown. Now I never see him. Funny what pregnancy does to you, eh?
Four places I've gone on vacation:
1. Ohio.
2. Ohio.
3. Ohio.
4. Ohio.
Have I ever mentioned that I am originally from Ohio? And that is where all my kin-folk reside, except for my own little family and my parents? When we left when I was young, my parents were soo soooooo homesick that twice a year, we would go back. And we rarely went anywhere else. But, I have been a couple of other places. Like, Disney World, Destin, and the occasional fleeing to Tennessee to avoid hurricanes. And Boston to go to a conference once. And Ohio.
Four favorite foods:
1. Sugar - I think sugar in my favorite form would be ice cream. But I am sweets-craving-nut. Chocolate, if it weren't for my man, you and I would be married.
2. My Aunt's Chicken and Dressing - So delicious that if I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, this would be it. But my Aunt has to make it. Weird, huh?
3. Cream of Wheat with white toast and eggs - Made by my grandmother. I am beginning to see that it isn't so much food, but who makes it. Weird, yes?
4. Pasta. Because it is so good. Or wait, the Bean Soup at the local Mexican Place. (I know, sounds lame, but with the chorizo and cheese and avocado, to die for. I swear.) Or my current kick, Lettuce Wraps from Chili's? Delish. OR Have you tried the new Kobe Sesame Teriaki A1? I could drink it. Ok. So I like to eat. Sue me.
Four web sites I visit daily:
1. My own blog as I use the sidebar to to visit all you nice people.
2. My work's website, because I am in charge of it and it is also my homepage.
3. Gmail. A girl has to check her email 80 million times a day, right?
4. Um, do the bloggy people count? Because I visit everyone's site, everyday. Because I have no real friends. But there you have it.
Four places I would rather be:
1. On the beach somewhere. I love the beach. Nice beaches, with turquoise water and white sands. *sigh*
2. On a tour of Europe *double sigh*
3. Home with the family. Because I love them so.
4. In Ohio. Surprise! I won't get to go visit them this winter as my parents are. And my baby is so deliciously cute and I want to show him off, but I can't due to finances. So, even though I have been a million times, I kinda wish I were going soon. Even though I hate the cold and the never ending visiting and...Yeah.
So, I don't tag folks, because I am a weenie and a scared-y cat. But I like to play. So. Hope you had a good time. I sure did. ;)
4 comments:
Hey, I've been to Ohio! My brother lived there for awhile, just outside of Cleveland. Lovely place that I could not have pointed out on a map before he moved there!
Great meme... love the grain job thing.
Great tag! I guess I'll have to make it to Ohio one day, eh?
Funny!
Heidi :)
My paternal grandfather was from Ohio. I'm not sure which city, but it was German. I have vacationed in Ohio myself! in 1976, the bicentennial, we piled into the family station wagon and DROVE to Ohio. In August. No air-conditioning. But we stayed right on Lake Erie at a place called "Charnell Shores." We swam nearly every day - good memories.
I love Ohio!! It's only a few hours from me.
This was a good read. I find it odd that you worked in a Chinese Restaurant----I've never seen a non-Chinese person working at one.
Post a Comment