Saturday, November 3, 2007

Non-Festive Lemon Cookie Recipe


Oooo, you like?

I will give you the double secret recipe. Actually, not secret at all. But it is so easy easy and I would rather everyone thought that I slaved over them. But, we know slaving is not all it is cracked up to be. Case and point.

Ingredients:
1 box lemon cake mix
1 8 oz tub of cool whip
1 egg

Mix these all together until you get yellow thick dense tar-like substance. Put it in the fridge until chilled. Will be reasonably firm. Take out firm yellow blob. Use a spoon to create a walnut sized ball. Roll ball in bowl of powdered sugar. Put on greased cookie sheet. Repeat 11 more times.

Bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes. This really depends on your oven. My oven does well at 13-14 minutes. They shouldn't really be brown, per se, and will be very non-stable when you take them out of the oven. You want to catch them right before the pretty yellow-y color starts to brown. (My first dozen is always browner than the subsequent dozens.) They have to cool a bit before they set up enough for you to remove them from the cookie sheet and will stay really soft. But if you stick a tooth pick into one, it shouldn't appear...soupy when it comes out. Does that make sense? Anyway, it is really easy. Tell me if you like them. Also, tell me if you decide to try chocolate cake mix, because I think that would be really good. And you wouldn't have to worry about browning them and ruining the color.

Mmmmmm.

3 comments:

theflyingmum said...

Dang! TFH just whipped up a batch of cookies for tomorrow. Oh well, I don't have any cool whip anyway. And I have yellow cake mix. But I think I will try these, maybe the chocolate for Christmas...
Sorry to hear about the school thing. I think you just have to keep insinuating yourself into these kinds of situations before you become an accepted fixture. I am the new mom at the school, and yeah, it's weird at times. Like when anohter mom says "Hi Ben," and doesn't really seem to notice me. But I will persist. And remember to say "Hi (Gwen's mom)!" next time I see her. Because maybe she thought I was snubbing her. Crap.

Family Adventure said...

Shoot...I'm not sure I can get cool whip in Norway, but I'm going on a mission to try to find it. I will let you know if I succeed and how they turn out.
If not, I'm definitely keeping this one for my return to Canada. The picture looks scrumptious.

Heidi

LoriD said...

Mmmm... I love cake mix cookies! My husband makes one with PB, chocolate chips and yellow mix that is awesome. I will definitely try these soon and let you know how they turn out.