So, LoriD wrote this random post and got good reviews.
Hey, I can do that.
So, I am thinking of trying machine embroidery, but am unsure how to adequately learn about it. I am afraid of blowing a bunch of my family's hard saved money on a project that may cost me a crap load of the hard saved money and not bring in any more of the much needed cashola. Do any of you folks do this? Can you point me to someone that I can grill...er confer with about the pros/cons?
See, the way I figure it is that the learning curve and the cost are the cons, but the pros would be the ability to make things that people might actually like to have. Or to be able to have local folks bring me stuff that I can monogram or whatever. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but the more I learn, the more dumb I feel. Is it that way with everything? Maybe I need a "For Dummies" book. But they don't have one. I looked.
And Honey and I have been looking for places to print notecards with his photography on it, and I think people would be interested in that, right? But the usual suspects all want to put their logo on the back. Maybe we would have better luck with a local print shop. Just anywhere where they don't want to advertise on his art simply because they printed it.
Today, at work, I have a bazillion quadrillion things to do. And I don't want to do not-a-darn-one of them. I am supposed to be making phone calls and I *did* make phone calls. But they are not being very fruitful and the folks I have spoken to are all like: You want me to do what? And it will take how much time? Umm, chaaa. So, anyway. People are dumb. Next topic.
So, my daycare drives me bananas sometimes. They like to randomly close down because, you know, the leaves are a particular shade of green or the sky is blue for the 30th day in a row or something completely stupid like that that they KNEW would happen. So, they are closing 2 hours early and will fine anyone who is a hair late on this early closing day....so that they can drive home to give candy to trick-or-treaters...on Halloween. Ok. I understand. That is nice. But, um, hello? I pay you. You should be working around my convenience, not the trick-or-treaters'. Do I get back any money when you close down randomly? Nope. So, just. Stop.
Work is better. Thanks for the kind words last week, folks. I have decided to stay in my own little office, in my own little chair where I can be whatever I want to be...er just do my job and stay out of anything messy. Don't talk to people and they can't get mad at you, right? Or at least, they can't get mad at you for a good reason. Yeah!
What? You say this battle plan is weak? That I am a mamby-pamby soul who avoids conflict and maybe if I put myself out there, I would have more friends in my pathetic little socially bereft life? Well, just goes to show you that you have no idea what you are talking about. I adore solitude. In fact, I have had my eye on a little hermitage in the hills for a long while now. I am an island!
Yeah, yeah, I know I am full of crap. Just like this post.
2 comments:
Oh you are so NOT full of crap. I like random babbling posts. Gives people the full picture.
Have a good weekend!
Thanks for the linky love!
Do you have a parents committee at your daycare? If not, you may want to start one. That's crazy that they would just randomly shut down. Unless you work there, and it would be the best! place! ever!
Definitely go to a print shop to get the cards done. You can get them done as cards or postcards. Ask for samples of cards they have done before.
Glad to hear work is better. You are an island. Hee.
Post a Comment