Monday, October 29, 2007

Good Advice

Ever get tired of being odd man out? Feeling like an alien in your own neighborhood? Having to explain to your son why, indeed, going trick-or-treating and carving pumpkins is really not a form of devil worship? I get so tired of being different. It makes me want to break free and fly away from the intolerance of the Small Town inhabited by Small Minds.

The other day, when stuff was going on, I contacted an old friend and told her I wanted to feel normal. And this is what she said to me:


"Feel normal? In what way?
You have chosen to be not normal, but exceptional. . . Feel that.
It's way better."
Thanks. I think I will do that.

3 comments:

theflyingmum said...

That is one wise, good friend.

Family Adventure said...

You are so lucky to have friends who appreciate you for who you are!

That is a lovely compliment.

Heidi :)

LoriD said...

That is a good friend.

There is a small debate in Toronto about classrooms not having a Halloween party because of its religious, Pagan roots. Get a calendar, people, that is not what Halloween is about in 2007.