Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Halloween Costume? Domestic Goddess

Look at me! I am Swistle! I am the Pioneer Woman!

Ok, maybe I am just a poser, but look what I did.

For Halloween-y celebrations for the Brother, I did these a couple weeks ago, with the assistance of Brother and Honey...

They are pumpkin treat bags. To go with the treat bags, I got orange Kool-Aid juice box things and I spent hours (yes, hours. I suck.) Doing these: (Dum Da DA DUM!)


Two dozen perfectly decorated dirt cup cakes, complete with gummy worms and home crushed cookie bits (Please don't tell me you can buy the crushed cookie bits. Just...don't tell me that.) And since Jelly Bean's daycare teachers were having a hard time getting parents to participate in the Halloween-y celebrations (but not me, never me. I have been Teacher's Pet forever, even when they aren't my teachers. I am surprised my nose isn't still brown from high school.) that in addition to the bananas I promised to bring, I made these:

Soft Lemon Cookies, perfect for little tiny mouths...and big mouths too. Maybe even your mouth! I know they are not very festive, but it was the best thing I could come up with. Shoot me. Anyway, I might post pictures of the boys in their Halloween-y gear later or tomorrow or something. Check back! I am always hanging around.

3 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Wow, you really pulled out all the stops! No wonder you are feeling a bit overwhelmed. I am tired just thinking about all the work you put into that!

The kids will love it. Hope you also get some time to relax now!

Looking forward to seeing those pix, and maybe you could work on getting some of those cookies across to me?! They looked amazing.

Heidi :)

Sara said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!

....and a recipe for those cookies!!

LoriD said...

Your treats look awesome. And, I definitely will not tell you that you can buy the crushed up cookies in the baking aisle near the graham wafer crumbs. Hee.