Friday, October 26, 2007

Stall Tactic #594

My son does not want to go to bed. He has lost privileges earned. He is currently punished tomorrow. All because he won't get his rear to bed. He still sits there looking at me with large doe eyes.

He wants to sleep in our room.
He is lonely.
He needs love.
His nightlight is not bright enough.
It is too dark in there.

And then...he pulls out the big guns.

Brother: I don't like the feeling of the precedent.
Me: Um, do you mean the President?
Brother: Yeah.
Me: When have you been feeling the President? (Sick, twisted comment. I know.)
Brother: You know, he only cares about money. Duh.

*Honey and I dissolve into stifled laughter.*

Talk about politics much at your house?

5 comments:

Family Adventure said...

That is too cute. Did that clinch it? Where did he sleep??

- Heidi

d e v a n said...

hahaha! That's hilarious!

Misty said...

FA: He slept in his own room, but only after getting more rowdy because we laughed at his attempt to draw us into "serious conversation." This morning was awful because, um, he didn't get enough sleep and was very tired.

Yeah.

LoriD said...

Ha ha! It's so funny what they pick up when you're not watching!

On the sleeping thing... my older two often made their way into our bed in the night. After trying to reason (bribe) my daughter, she asked, "how come grown-ups get to sleep with someone and kids have to sleep all alone?" It was such good question! Now, the older two, who each have their own rooms, spend most nights together in one room or the other. They fit very nicely into the little twin bed.

theflyingmum said...

EEK! I have some catching up to do. I am so sorry that I missed your breast-feeding ordeal post. That so sucks. I had an extremely difficult time with breast feeding, and as a result, Ben was fed mostly formula. I attribute his less than stellar immune system to this fact - and I try not to beat myself up for the it. But that person in your office could use a few lessons in TACT! Jees, I can't even imagine saying such a thing to someone I know personally and well, let alone a co-worker!
Hope you are feeling better, and thanks for always stopping by my blog - makes my day!