I feel so gross, lately. Stressed and depressed and not wanting to be here. It is like a revisit from the time when I first had to go back to work full time and Jelly Bean was in the daycare all day. Oi. Sometimes I think I need therapy or drugs or something. Then I completely reject the idea. Who has time for therapy? Who has money for anti-depressants? Better to just go sit in the sun and eat cookies.
I am really anxious a lot. How does one stop stressing out when there are so many reasons to stress? I simply don't know. One thing I do know, I would give a million quadrillion dollars to be home today with my baby, baking cupcakes and cookies for various Halloween celebrations. Not worrying about committees and online newsletters or whether or not I deserve my paycheck because, here I am, writing blog posts to all you fine people when I am supposed to be worrying about committees and online newsletters.
But! If you are tired of my mamby-pamby whiny self (God knows I am), go look at this. Everyone needs a chuckle, sometimes.
3 comments:
Some days, I'm sooo there with you. Lately I've been wanting to nest at home with the baby, be a classroom mom and pick my kids up from the bus. I really do love my job and love working. I keep trying to think of how I can have the best of both worlds.
Hang in there. Cookies in the sun sounds perfect.
Misty, I know! I do. I was feeling it all weekend (and just blogged...I should really say WHINED...about it online). And just now, I am in the throes of homework drama with my boys, which is also stressing me out. My hubster just informed me that watching me is stressing HIM out.
Anyway, I didn't comment to make you feel worse (unless taking one look at my pathetic life maybe makes you feel as if yours isn't so bad after all...?!), but only to say that it goes down....and UP again. And it will go up for you, too.
In the meantime, have a cookie or two on me. In the sunshine. 'cause we don't have any of that here, either.
Oh, and the kids will love Halloween regardless, you know!
Chin up!
Heidi
Honey bunny... here's my 2 cents:
1. When you mentioned the other day that you would be in and our on 10/31 because of Halloween stuff, I was envious that your kids are still young enough for all that. I'm so glad you're going to their schools and etc. Why don't you just take a floating holiday and take the whole day off?
2. I have been worried about you and your anxiety, because I think the world of you and want you to be happy. If you think you should maybe talk to someone, DO IT. Life is stressful.. who wouldn't benefit from some help? The perspective of someone who has no agenda re your life? Cost, time, blah blah... there are ways around all of that.
Heart you!
Post a Comment