
"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't do impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've done as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Alice in Wonderland
image by Shirley Holt, found at http://www.carmelart.org/artists_pages/holt/holt.html
3 comments:
I keep wondering if there will be a follow-up to this message---it sems kind of cryptic.
Am I reading too much in to it?
It is just a quote I love. Actually, when I first heard it, I heard it as DOING impossible things. It was on a wonderful piece of art in a friend's kitchen. The art was made for her by a colleage of hers. They both worked in a domestic violence shelter. This is the text from Alice in Wonderland, without the "doing" but the believing. When I feel like everything I do is a failure and nothing in the world will ever change, I just remember this. Even though it seems impossible, it is only because I am not trying hard enough. So really, this post was for me more than anyone else.
Know what? I am going to change the text.
Post a Comment