Monday, August 29, 2011

Sense

Ever notice that big choices are like crossroads? Sometimes there is a Choice. A fork in the road. And once that decision is made, going back and choosing the other path is difficult. Maybe impossible. As we get older, we understand that deciding to do one thing means we can't do something else.

If I am a postal delivery person, it is unlikely that I will ever be an astronaut. If I am a parent/partner, I cannot move to France by myself, take up smoking and black dresses, and write moody poetry. At some point a choice or series of choices has determined who and what we are. Going back isn't feasible. Every choice is choosing not to do something else. Every choice is closing a door, a leap of faith.

I am at a crossroads. I see benefit and struggle down each path. And I am just trying to make enough sense of it all to choose.

4 comments:

Shalini said...

I'm curious about your crossroads, but yes, that makes sense. You choose one thing and exclude another; I never thought of it that way before.

d e v a n said...

Good luck with whatever decision you're struggling with!

Doing My Best said...

Good luck! Life-changing choices make me nervous =)!

Nik-Nak said...

Sending you vibes of luck!!