I like to volunteer for stuff. I tell other people I will do stuff. But almost even worse, I tell myself I will do stuff. And sometimes I get it done and sometimes I flake out on myself, which I hate with the utmost contempt. I see myself as a "goal-accomplisher." Unfortunately sometimes I get a bit ahead of myself and occasionally make goals that are in conflict with one another.
A small sliver of things I have said I was going to do:
- Have a kick-ass dual birthday party. This is going relatively well. However, as always, costing more than I had planned. I still have to do party favors and finish the banners. Oh, and clean my chronically nasty house.
- Go to the beach. We have a condo paid for, but I have to take the car to get serviced and buy beach toys and food and floaties and a hundred other things I am simply forgetting right about now.
- Pay off our debt in less than a year. And yet, I keep freaking spending money on parties and beach trips and school supplies.
- Exercise more often. I got a yoga DVD that I am liking, but it is hard to get to sleep at a normal hour and/or relax when small children are getting out of bed for the 40th time.
- Blog daily. I recently read the Happiness Project and Gretchen says it is easier to do something daily than every few days. I am finding this to be true. I found a blog that does writing prompts to help and am pleased with the result thus far.
- Make sure the sitter has adequate supplies to essentially homeschool Jelly Bean and the other two little boys. This has me finding and making worksheets and laminating and buying crayons and making plans for storytimes and crafts and learning videos....gah.
The last one is quite ambitious. I do have a regular JOB that I am supposed to be doing. Plus, I still haven't accomplished all my New Year's resolutions or even put much effort towards them. Bleh. With all of its various tasks and preparations. What I really need is some sort of organizational system where I can make a listing of tasks and subtasks. Check off what has been done and be able to clearly see what remains. I have never been much of a list maker, but I think it is time to organize. What do you do to keep everything in order?
2 comments:
I have a dry erase calendar in the kitchen that I keep all birthdays and events on.
As far as money goes, I just take alittle out of each check and put in a savings account. I'm pretty organized as a person but that's only because if I start lacking in that area I feel 'off'
I have no suggestions because I have the opposite habit: I try and do as little as possible. Some may call this hermit-like or having social anxiety, but I call it easy on the calendar and the wallet. (I'm working on being more social. Maybe.)
Post a Comment