Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Va-cay

I have a hand-wringing confession.

I want to take Jelly and Brother on a Disney vacation...but not Scooter. Oh, I just feel AWFUL even writing that. I do want to take Scooter! I do! He is cute and cuddly and my little baby and I love him so much. The thought of being away from him makes me feel weird and floaty and not-so-good. But he is too little and needs to nap and it is no fun going to Disney with little tiny kids. (I once took Brother on a cruise when he was 1. That was no picnic either.) I want to go and stay out late and be able to see the fireworks and parades and eat dinner like a normal person. We took Jelly when he was 6 months and when he was 3 (Fun Fact: I started this blog on a Disney trip.) And Jelly h.a.t.e.d. it with unbridled passion. He was the saddest little boy at Disney World, I swear. It was no fun. He was exhausted and yoinked out of his routine and animatronic stuff is scary....

There is a 10 year age gap between Brother and Scooter and I want to take Brother before he gets to be at the age where going to Disney with your mom and dad and kid brother is completely uncool and if he does deign to go, he will not want to stay with us and experience Disney Magic. And I want to take Jelly when he is just at the right age to love it and dispel the ghosts of Crappy-Disney-Trips Past. So I am considering leaving the baby with my mother while we go "do Disney" just for like 3-4 days. I...am not sure I have it in me.

I want to go. I don't want to wait 3+ years to do it... Hm. What would you do?

4 comments:

Swistle said...

We had a similar dilemma this summer. What we're doing is, Paul is taking the two older boys on the trip while I stay home with the three younger kids.

saly said...

I would do it. We have postponed our Disney trip once again because Liv is 3 and very very difficult. It pains me greatly, for *I* want to go!!! So, late 2012 or early 2013 it will be...which will probably be the last possible chance for Bud to think it is cool.

DO IT!!

Shalini said...

Oh yes, agree--do it. Even though it would be really hard. My husband is eight years older than his youngest sibling and I think there wasn't a single trip they ALL enjoyed together, so they took separate trips too.

d e v a n said...

I think it's a great idea!