I enlisted my mother to come spend the day with me...cleaning my house...as she has Fridays off. She cheerfully accepted. She had just been gone on a long trip to Ohio as her mother is dying and she wanted to spend some time with her. I missed her while she was gone. My mother is a very broad stroke kind of person. She can paint an entire room in an hour. It might be messy, but she can get it done. My father calls her a bull in a china shop. She doesn't have patience for lines at amusement parks or waiting for a table at a restaurant. She doesn't have patience for details. But that is ok! She cleans good enough for my taste, for the most part, and is good company.
We chatted about this and that while folding laundry. Even with her help after 6 hours, everything is still not done. When she left, I gave her a big hug and thanked her for her help. I am so glad she was able to give me a day for this. *Sigh* I don't know how people manage to keep everything in some semblance of order. I still have boxes of junk that need to be sorted through and most of it tossed. I still have at least 3 loads of laundry awaiting me. And I didn't get anything done in the yard. Honey bought me some flowers and a beautiful Crepe Myrtle to put on our front lawn. (Strangely enough, when looking for an image, there is an astounding number of scantily clad women in front of Crepe Myrtles on Google images. Why? It is not a sports car. Is the Crepe Myrtle a tree of ill repute?)
Sometimes I really love our house. Especially when it is clean.
3 comments:
Your crepe myrtle comment made me spit lemonade out, I laughed so hard. What are the pictures for?
And your mom sounds exactly like me. I have NO patience for anything, which is why I like the Internet!
I know!!!! I bought an especially pretty color myrtle one time and started googleing it to show my mom what it would look like when it bloomed and all I got was the weird pictures of sexy(?) women in front of them. Like what is THAT?
I will be donning nothing but a sports bra and eighties lipstick as soon as mine is tall enough for a picture.
you don't even want to see my house. I could use my Mothers helps for a week and still not be done. I expect I never will be.
Post a Comment