I guess what I am trying to say is, I was ok before. I am ok now. I will be ok in 4-6 months. I get tired of the idea of one beauty. It is oppressive. It sucks away my soul to think that there is only one way to look to be beautiful and that is a size 0 with DD boobs. Something I will never ever be. I would also be a liar if I said I didn't sometimes believe in the twiggy mythology. But I always think about that post and realize that I don't want to spend all my energy focusing on one thing that is going to turn to dust eventually. (Know what? That is not the exact right post. Can't find it...)
And you might disagree with me. You might feel differently. That is ok, too. There is room for all kinds of differences in the world, even belief differences. I think we would all be happier if we could just accept how we look today, in these jeans and those flip-flops and say, "Today, I am ok."
7 comments:
i know exactly what you mean. Most days I am totally fine with how I am. Mostly I just want to be fitter, not smaller, just fitter. But some days I get down on myself. Today is a good day :)
I'll bet you're thinking of this one. I still think of that sometimes. I'm still glad to have made that point, but I also still cringe at the comments. Man, it is NOT an easy subject to discuss, is it?
Um, as someone who just saw your twitter photo (that blogger one is too tiny!), I can say that you are a very, very pretty woman already, so OF COURSE you were "OK" "before." Some might argue much more than OK.
Hooray for you - 20 pounds is awesome!!
For myself, I am trying not to focus on the scale number or the pant size because in the end, it doesn't mean a thing. I try to focus on the fact that I am exercising, I am eating better and I am trying to live a healthier life and set a good example for my kid. For all the times I do great, it just makes the cake taste that much better on the occasions I indulge myself.
Great post :) and great job!
Ugh. I am SO SO proud of you and wish I had the same determination. I am trying so hard but sometimes I kick my own tail. (That ugh was for me, for not being 20 lbs down like you)
Hooray!
I agree about loving yourself and how you look at every size. Tiny isn't necessarily beautiful. Beautiful is being filled with happiness and living each day to the fullest and enjoying yourself and the things and people around you.
Go you for working out! It's good for your heart and your mood. I know I'm a grouchypants if I don't move at least a little bit.
Post a Comment