Totally stole this post idea from Mad, who borrowed it from someone else. Mad used the first sentence of her first post for each month of 2008; I decided to pick the sentence I found the most interesting.
January: I burst in on my parents in their room to get the car keys at about 3 AM on the first night we were there saying, and I quote: "This is my definition of HELL."
February: Grouchiness and whiny-ness abound.
March: I guess I just have to keep in mind to try harder. Always. Try harder.
April: All over the floor and the Bean has subsequently slipped and fallen and coated himself in said coffee and is therefore a Coffee Flavored Jelly Bean.
May: Recently, I have come to the conclusion that I need books.
June: There are a lot of good opportunities right now and I think I could pass the test, but I am too scared to leave my cushy job.
July: I would feign belief that they are because I am *such* a popular girl, but I really know you all want the goods.
August: Yet, even with knowing that models are airbrushed, composed of not one woman, but many, dismembering them so that the legs are from this woman and the breasts are from that woman and the face is probably not someone real at all, but rather a computer fabrication, I still feel bad when I compare what I was born with to the image.
September: I am positively smitten with your come-hither smile and barbecue ribs.
October: "OMG, do I seriously want to get pregnant again? And feel like this? For three freaking whole months?" Bleahhhhh.
November: It feels like a exquisitely chosen gift tailored just for me.
December: We sat in the dimly lit balcony and watched the energetic maestro bob, jump and dance; her curly curly hair bouncing to the movement of her cherry red cuffs.
Conclusion: My, it seems we were a sickly bunch. But all in all, I feel like this really does summarize my year. The things I discovered and strove for. Of course, there was plenty other things like gardening and working and ups and downs. Here's to hoping that 2009 is just better. More laughter, more hugs, more comedy, more life.
Just more.
1 comment:
For sure Misty. See now I have to go reread those posts :). Happy New Year to you and your men!
Post a Comment