You know what is so exciting? Fantasizing. No, no, no. Not like that. Like this:
What if... We quit our jobs and sold the house and moved to Massachusetts! The seasons! The schools! The Liberals! Yesssssss. It could be awesome. We might be able to find a place to participate in organic farm shares! Or have a Unitarian Assembly! Or not have to explain the hyphenated Last-Name to people...or *gasp* find people who wouldn't even care that we don't choose to participate in modern Christianity, let alone label us moral deviants and call my son "a very bad boy."
We could leave behind all the stuff that sucks. Like the hurricanes and 100+ degree summers. Living in the proverbial toilet bowl of the nation that always fights for last place in education/health/any other desirable attribute.
The only bad part would be that we would leave behind my parents. Oh, and snow. Possibly fuel oil prices? *Shrug* You can learn to deal with anything, I guess. I could become this social butterfly-type person who everyone loves and wants to hang out with! I could become fantastic chef and people will line up at my door for my amazing meals and companionship. (Ok, maybe I am getting carried away...) I maybe could be a real librarian. My kids would lose the atrocious accent.
Bliss.
8 comments:
Hey, Vermont is pretty close to Mass. We do have snow though, and ignorant people, but we have us too, so that makes Vermont great! I grew up in Mass and no thank you very much.
Split the difference and move to PA!
haha, well, anything's possible right? Moving is an adventure if that's what you're looking for!
Popping in briefly to point out that if you don't think there are atrocious accents in/around Boston... well, let's just say you might be in for a surprise.
Hmm, give me a Bostonian Accent over Forrest Gump anyday.
dare to dream Misty, dare to dream!
Head up north!! Head up north!!
Or the west coast! Liberals, but not as much snow!
Post a Comment