Monday, January 12, 2009

Straitjacket

I have been freakishly/feverishly/addictively been hitting the Send/Receive button all day. Why? Because I am waiting for a specific email and said email is not coming.

And I am lapsing in the the 'OH NOES' of all of the things that are intrinsically wrong with me to make this person not email me back with information about this thing that I really really really want to know about. Like, I am long-winded? And ask inane questions? And the inane questions were really just to try to prove my enthusiasm and interest and may have, perhaps, just made her think that I was wishy-washy and only partially interested.

But I am not!

But then I think well...maybe I am wishy-washy! Maybe she can psychically read between the lines and knows that I am not good enough and it would be a TERRIBLE decision! AHHHHHHHH! Then I hit Send/Receive.

Send/Receive
Send/Receive
Send/Receive

No email. Sigh.

You may ask why I don't just call. Because the number is right there and it would be simple to just call and then I could quit the crazy-fretting. But then, I am simultaneously worried that she did and also did not get the email. If she did, then she really didn't reply because she knows I am wishy-washy/crazy/intrinsically morally defunct person. If she did NOT get the email, then I am being pushy and my GOD it has only been two days so what if she hasn't even checked her email? Hmmm?

Anybody got a chill pill?

6 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I HATE that feeling.

d e v a n said...

Yeah, i hate that. I hope she responds soon!

Heidi said...

I really don't like waiting for emails. Good luck, I hope it comes soon.

Chantal said...

I was doing that with a work e-mail yesterday (that I sent on friday). I finally broke down and called her. Sounds like yours is pretty personal though. I hope you get the response you are hoping for.

LoriD said...

I know I'm still trying to get through my emails sent on the Christmas break, so maybe she's just swamped? No caffeine for you until she emails, okay? :-)

Saly said...

You make me laugh because you are a maniac. And you are so much like me. :D

Did you get your response?