- I have decided to jump the gun and go on a "New Year's Diet" before ringing in the new year. I have gained about 10 pounds over the past couple of months from stress eating. I am at a point right now where I just dread going to work, with its mountains of chores and choices.
- I am doing ok thus far on said diet, sticking with it wise. I hope to reach my goal weight by May of this coming year. I have also bit the bullet and ordered the 30 Day Shred video. I hope it was worth my $7.50.
- I have also signed up for a belly dancing class that starts next week. Maybe it will make me feel a bit better about the belly? I am actually hoping that it will help it disappear at least a little. Mostly, I just want to have fun. I feel like going to classes is the one thing I truly do for just *me*.
- My trunk is filled with toys and presents I don't even want to bring into the house, let alone open and let them live here. Lovin' that yuletide spirit, eh?
- Speaking of spirit, I am considering starting to go to the Big Unitarian Church over yonder. Sometimes I really feel surrounded by bozos and I worry my kids are such outsiders because we have rejected the bozo lifestyle. So, maybe we need to do something different. I am a bit worried about my PTSD. But that is all I will say about that. Cryptic much?
- I just made a beautiful curry chicken salad and then a gorgeous chicken and vegetable soup with the broth. My heavens, I really love to cook. I kinda wanted to take pictures a la the Pioneer Woman, but I didn't.
- Even though I ditched my 10-years-old-bought-them-at-the-WalMarts-when-I-was-18-garish-blue-and-fuchsia-flowered-dishes for some simple white ones with a silver edge. They were $15.00 for EIGHT place settings. Plus, I wanted new dishes. These are classy.
- My flower beds are a wreck. Something needs to be done about them...and yet I am too lazy. I am kinda glad I won't have to worry about them for probably another month.
- My lettuce is doing gloriously. I am picking a good bit of it and feeling kind of lucky that we can grow some crops here in the winter.
- Speaking of winter crops, I went to the farmer's vegetable stand and bought cauliflower that weighed like 10 pounds. The leaves! were two feet tall! It was amazing and fun.
- We are getting a new king sized bed on Friday. Lordy, I hope it fits. We are currently sleeping on an air mattress because we took our Full and gave it to Brother and took Brother's Twin and gave it to Jelly. We kept the crib because I had no intention of putting Jelly in a Big Boy Bed so soon. (My baby!) But as soon as it went in his room, he has been sleeping in it every night and for most of his naps. (Sometimes he will get obstinate about the naps and it will be necessary to pen him up. *Ahem*) Anyway. I hope potty training goes this well.
- We got the Elmo Potty Time DVD? God. I am so sick of that thing. Jelly watches it over...and over...and OVER. Like, 20 hundred million times. Kill me. Or, you know, just turn off the blasted TV.
- Honey and Brother are out procuring fireworks for tomorrow night's celebration. The Old Year shall pass on and the South shall jump and sing in the Second Line down to where the Mother Nature and Father Time birth the baby New Year.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Eve's Eve
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I bought the 30 Day Shred about 3 months ago - I haven't even taken it out of its cello wrap! I got Homer a scale for Christmas (it measures weight and body fat). We've resolved to weigh ourselves at 11:59 tonight, then set our fitness goals. Perhaps I'll be meeting with Jillian soon!
We can lose weight in the new year together. ;) Let us know how SHRED is.
Post a Comment