
Brother's birthday is this week and we are having a bowling/pizza party type thing this weekend. I still need to wrap his presents. I can't believe how much time has passed since he was born. It makes me nostalgic for the baby days of old.
Right now he is so shiny. He is like a happy laughing star. I am so glad he is who he is, with his quirky sense of humor and vast imagination. I love the way his little self is curled up when he sleeps and how he has found such fascination in Mario and Captain Underpants. It is so hard for him sometimes to be a good big brother and it seems he is always giving up things so that Jelly can be kept happy (i.e. not screaming). Sharing toys, sharing games, sharing snacks. I wish I could give him something that was all his and that I would never ask him to "just please let your brother hold it for a minute???" Do all parents struggle with this? The give and the take and the struggle to make sure family life and relationships are fair for the most part? I am glad that this birthday party is going to be about him and his friends. A kid needs something just for himself.
8 comments:
Aww, Happy Birthday, Brother!!
I'm not a parent but I think that yes, all parents or at least most of them do struggle with this. And that you're doing a great job.
Happy Birthday!!!!
I do struggle with it. You want to teach the virtues of patience and generosity, but it does seem like the older kids are asked to give more than the little ones.
Happy birthday, Brother. Have a great time bowling!
Aw!!! I hope he has a great day!
Happy Birthday!!!
He looks so happy there :)
As the oldest of three siblings ... well yes it is a struggle. But hey- there are some great lessons in quarreling with your siblings and learning how to share is one heck of a gift- although it doesn't feel that way at the time :)
I totally go through this. Kevin and I had a talk about this just two days ago. M has been a tyrant lately and we find D has been very patient and given up a lot of his time so we can focus on M. We decided to return the favour and we are going to take a day off work in the next few weeks and pull D out of school and take him skiing. Just him and us. No M (M will be in day care).
Happy Birthday shiny beautiful boy!
We still struggle with those sibbling issues. E, is the older sister, 10 and T, the younger brother, 5. I feel like it was worse when I had T at home while E went away to school for the day. Now it is a little better that they both are in school and recieve equal attention. Sharing though, still an issue.
Post a Comment