So, like.
Now I can write about it because it is very nearly over and I don't have to worry about the loco crazies coming to get me because Mah MAN is out of town. (Yeah, way to go Strong Independent Feminista.)
But Honey was on a business trip. To the BOONIES. The far far away boonies, not our own less-than-beloved boonies. And I was so apprehensive about him going and, I am not proud of this, when he walked out of the door I may or may not have sat down and cried like a little baby while Brother and Jelly Bean came to give the wrecked mama a hug...and then start sobbing themselves because I was upsetting them. Mmhmm, stellar parenting moment.
Before he left I had terrible disturbing thoughts about "What if he dies?" "What if he has an affair with the database guy?" "What if he gets in a car wreck?" "What if he gets exposed to biological mass terrorist weaponry and has to be quarantined forever and never ever comes hooooooooome!" Crazy much?
But!
I passed with flying colors, I will have you know. I was fine. I was patient. I cooked for children and made dinner for friends. I made sure Brother did homework and Jelly had baby wipes for school. I even went to my belly dancing class and got a sitter for the kids (which is something I never ever ever do, let people watch my kids. Because I am paranoid-crazy-thing.) I was awesome. And I only had to take one teeny tiny minuscule day off of work to get over my initial distress.
So, he is coming home, coming home, la te da. Sing with me! I am horribly excited. It is like I am getting a puppy or some other great thing, only minus the shit on the carpet. As schmaltzy as it is, I can't wait to give him a big old smooch, right on the kisser. Man, I love that Man.
6 comments:
"What if he has an affair with the database guy?"
HA HA HA!
I hate it when Scott has to travel for work. You get used to operating as a team, and then suddenly your teammate is GONE.
You did it! You rock!
Nice, good for you. Last year I took two business trips and my hubby said that he found he handled things better when I was gone cause he knew what he had to do and planned and organized. Now if I could just get him to keep it up while I am home...
Way to go! I'll admit that I sometimes like the idea of having the run of the house, but as soon as he's gone, I want him home.
Oh, I'm glad he's home. I felt the same way when Hub was in CA for a wedding. Except instead of "What if he has an affair with the database guy?" it was "What if he has an affair with the hotel maid..."
I do enjoy being alone when he's gone overnight, but for days at a time, not my cup of tea.
I do the same crazy thinking when my husband is just late coming home from work. I know he is just stopping to get me wine or toilet paper but I do worry. I am glad your man is coming home.
Post a Comment