Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Glad we had this talk

Talking with Jelly Bean is getting to be so fun. It is almost like we can have real conversations now! Almost. I still don't understand half of what he is saying, but there is the whole back and forth of conversation. Granted, there is still a good bit of gobbledygook that I am just not catching, even though he is looking at me so earnestly. On the other hand, I can understand some of what he is communicating with me. And he is so damn cute.

Brother is pretty fun to talk to sometimes as well. Recently he got a report card. Thus far he has taken after his parents in that he has gotten an "N" for "Needs Improvement" in handwriting every 9 weeks. I am not really upset by this. Handwriting, schmandwriting. I would rather he be able to read and do math and name the countries of the world. And their capitals....Moving on!

But, I felt the need for the obligatory "Oh, You did very well, but we need to work on our handwriting!" spiel. So, I said:

Me: We need to work on your handwriting a bit, dude.
Brother: GAHHH! What do you want me to do? Have handwriting like George Washington?!?!?
Me: Hmm, I really don't know. I don't think I have ever seen his penmanship. What about you?
Brother: Oh. It is terribly good.

See, Brother and Jelly aren't all that different. I don't understand what either of them are saying half the time. I think they get it from my mother...

5 comments:

Nowheymama said...

HA! "terribly good"

Saly said...

HEEHEE!

LoriD said...

I love toddler conversations. Brother sounds hilarious.

Emblita said...

That is just too cute!

Heidi said...

Heh heh. Maybe he'll be a doctor when he grow up.