
A super cool homemade heating pad/bean bag creation, which has been doing wonders for my aching knees, a notepad and stickers, which Brother stole, soft yummy strawberry licorice, which Honey promptly tore into...Oh and this book!
Yes, and an orange monkey vegetable peeler, like Swistle talked about that one time. Remember? (I can't find the post on her blog. Drat.)
You know, there could have been more stuff in that box. It was like the box that laid the golden gifts. It kept giving and giving and giving and giving. Whoo! Thanks so much Caley. It was tremendously thoughtful and also like my whole family got a gift from you. THANK YOU!
So, now. I must have a contest myself to send on the love. So! To enter said contest, I suggest that you leave me a comment telling me what you think about bananas. What is your favorite way to eat bananas? Cereal? Ice cream? Banana chocolate chip muffins? Do you think of them as healthy or a treat? Has the idea that they are shipped from so far away tempered your purchasing of banana? What about the rising cost? I think I will end the contest on Thursday, July 24th at midnight.
Also, please answer a quiz somewhere over there on the right regarding my answer posts from the LAST contest. Thanks. Have a nice day. So long. And goodbye.

Yes, and an orange monkey vegetable peeler, like Swistle talked about that one time. Remember? (I can't find the post on her blog. Drat.)

You know, there could have been more stuff in that box. It was like the box that laid the golden gifts. It kept giving and giving and giving and giving. Whoo! Thanks so much Caley. It was tremendously thoughtful and also like my whole family got a gift from you. THANK YOU!
So, now. I must have a contest myself to send on the love. So! To enter said contest, I suggest that you leave me a comment telling me what you think about bananas. What is your favorite way to eat bananas? Cereal? Ice cream? Banana chocolate chip muffins? Do you think of them as healthy or a treat? Has the idea that they are shipped from so far away tempered your purchasing of banana? What about the rising cost? I think I will end the contest on Thursday, July 24th at midnight.
Also, please answer a quiz somewhere over there on the right regarding my answer posts from the LAST contest. Thanks. Have a nice day. So long. And goodbye.
26 comments:
Oh! Hey! I forgot! This is a Pay It Forward contest, so if you win, you need to share the love on your own blog! Or, if you have no blog, I can work it out with you. Just email me about it!
All are welcome to play.
Cold, sliced and preferably mixed into a fruit salad :)
Here from Swistle! Bananas are yummy. My grandpa used to eat one on his cereal every day, and one day before he got up, I wrote him a message with a Sharpie on his banana peel. He loved it. Personally, I eat them every once in a blue moon, but always enjoy them.
I haven't thought much about where bananas come from. We eat a bunch or two a month around here, my kids tire of them quickly.We eat them plain or with peanut butter. Yum!
A bit green, room temperature and plain. I love bananas. So does my littlest one - he gets so excited his toes wiggle in anticipation of bananas for breakfast (or lunch, or dinner, just like mine, but cut up).
Once in a while we cut them up, use tooth pics and dip them in chocolate syrup.
Yum.
I like my bananas as part of breakfast or for a quick morning snack. Ripe and plain, thank you.
I am not a big banana eater. Ever since my first pregnancy they give me heartburn - which I think it's really silly that a bland fruit like banana would give you heartburn, but oh, well. I do LOVE banana nut bread though. My son LOVES bananas so I do buy them everytime I am in the store. I don't usually think about where they come from.
I found you through swistle. Thanks for hosting a contest!
You can join my contest on my blog too.
Elizabeth (Teacher Mom)
Bananas are complicated, as I write from the frigid plains of Minnesota. This means bananas travel a long longer way to get to us.
And! I LOVE bananas. I eat half of one nearly every day, cut into small diced cubes into my cereal. My children adore bananas. Rich and creamy, it's the sure-fire fruit down their "I want Gushers" throats.
So I have a complicated relationship with these creatures, which are equally treat and nutrition. I just wish that so much gas, energy and money didn't go into getting that little bit of banana on my corn flakes.
Ok, I love bananas, but only when they're partly green. Once they turn yellow, they're too sweet for me. Yeah, I know I'm weird....
If they get past the green stage, then I have to make them into something... my favorite being banana bars with cream cheese frosting. SO yum.
And sadly, that's all the thought I give bananas.
Oh yeah -- and rocking prize! I'm so jealous!
I like bananas. I prefer to just eat them ... I don't really like them with cereal or ice cream.
MY FAVORITE way to eat them is with melted chocolate drizzled over them ... mmmm ....
oh the many ways i love to enjoy bananas: slice on top of a peanut butter slathered pancake, inside of a peanut butter sandwich; banana bread, banana chocolate chip muffins, squished and stirred into pancakes, frozen and then blended into a strawberry smoothie...the list could go on...
thanks for the contest, please pick me!! :) hee hee
Great prize! Congrats!
We go through 2 big bunches of bananas a week here. They're a great 'on the go' snack and we're always on the go. I love banana bread, but rarely make it because our bananas rarely go brown. I make a fruit smoothie almost every morning for me and the kids and always throw a fresh banana in there to make it creamier.
It pains me when I hear that my beloved bananas may become too expensive to ship to these parts.
I love Bananas and eat one daily. I like to eat them just by themselves, barely past green :)
Thanks for hosting the contest...
I came to you via Swistle.
I only like them in banana bread. Or banana cake with cream cheese frosting.
No chocolate. Blechy.
Oh! I have the perfect answer for this question! I like to make "banana boats." You slit open a banana longways and then insert about 5 or 6 chocolate chips and 5 or 6 mini marshmallows. Microwave for 30 seconds and wah-lah! A super-delicious treat!
Here from Swistle.
I like mine ripe, but not too mushy, and just plain. Or banana bread - I love banana bread!
I usually eat them as breakfast by themselves. But my favorite way is banana nut bread or banana nugget cookies. yUM
I love a banana blended with yogurt to make a delicious smoothie. I add barley cereal to it and feed it to JB for breakfast :)
Just wanted everyone to know I am highly amused that someone picked the "do not give a crapola" option on my pop quiz. HA! Gotta love honesty.
And isn't it interesting how many people have thought about where their bananas come from, how many people have NOT thought about where their bananas come from, and how many people completely glossed over that part of the question? Sounds like something Tessie would chart out.
I eat bananas with peanut butter. YUM. But that is really the only way I think they are yum. And no, I don't think about where they come from! Interesting.
Your contest runs the same time mine does! Come enter it! :)
I am eating a piece of banana bread RIGHT NOW.
I've been trying to buy all of our fruits and vegetables as locally as possible lately, with the exception of bananas. They are my toddler's comfort food, and I don't want to deprive him of that.
I am not entering.....but I love bananas and rice krispies in milk with sugar. YUM!
Also, I sent your prize! WOOT!
Banana ice cream all the way!!!
the best way to eat a banana is to smear it with peanut butter.
Dipped in chocolate and frozen - the perfect "tastes like cheating, but perfectly WW acceptable" treat.
I have a love/hate relationship with bananas. I will go through phases where I can't get enough and phases when I won't eat them for years. Right now, I'm in a can't-get-enough, need-them-REALLY-cold phase, which poses a problem since the fridge is a no-no for bananas.
My son is so crazy for them, we have to spell the word around him because if we say it, he'll flip out until he gets one.
Post a Comment