Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Answers, Issue 4

So, is this getting old yet?

Paige said...
Well, hello! Since I'm new here I have lots of questions for you...--How many languages do you speak?--What's your favorite color for your toes?--Are you completely honest?

Languages: Just English, really. I have taken oodles of Spanish classes, but I wouldn't really consider my less-than-a-typical-Latino-toddler vocabulary to be 'speaking' Spanish. I would love to be fluent though. Add it to the bucket list.

Toe color: The pinky peach color they are right now. Oh? You meant a polish color? My very very favorite is a french pedicure look. I think it looks so feminine and dainty. Of course, I cannot accomplish this myself, so usually I wear some form of shimmery pink.

Am I completely honest? Of course! Totally! Why, never a falsehood has escaped my lips in my nearly three decades of living!
*Cough*
Yeah, I think I am as honest as most people are. I embellish stories to make them just a bit better. I will tell you that your new green sweater doesn't even remotely bring to mind rancid baby shit. I will tell little white lies to shelter my children from things I think that don't exactly need to know. Like who ate the last of the ice cream. (Daddy did it; go fuss at him.)So, honest? Sure. Why not.

Erica said...
This is my first visit to your corner of the blogverse, so I've got a million questions. I'll keep it to just one, though : )What's your favorite genre of movie?

I am a romantic comedy kind of girl. When I want entertainment, I lean towards escapism. And god knows romantic comedies have NOTHING to do with real life or the way the real world works. Hunky guys who always know the right thing to say. Pfft. Hunky guys who are like pediatricians in cancer wards full of bald children, yet know how to dance like Fred Astaire? Whatever. Total escape fiction. Still, it is fun to imagine.

Beth said...
Where were you when you had your first kiss?

I was at my childhood friend April's 14th birthday party. She had these awesomely cool parents (who I will never ever be like) who hid in their bedroom while we did all kinds of naughty things. Like, well nothing really. We were all pretty good. Anyway, my boyfriend and I were doing the prom sway on her back porch with a dozen other couples and I got my first smooch. Thinking back on it, I feel: Blech! *Shudder* GROSS. Don't ask me why. I think there was too much spit involved. Or maybe kissing 14 year old boys just is a bit revolting to my older self.
(Blech! Ewwww! Gross. Now I have to go wash.)

LoriD said...
What can you see your boys doing as a career?

I think Brother will be a lay-about and Jelly Bean will be in prison for small time robbery. Ok. Not really. Though sometimes I wonder...

Brother is really good at math and pretty darn smart all around, but he is unmotivated. I would think that once he finds his passion, he would do well in academia. Jelly is hard. I can see him with his current personality, doing something really aggressive and high powered, like a business executive. But then, I keep getting told how much the Bean is like my laid-back lackadaisical husband when he was a kid. So, if he grows up to be like Honey, then maybe a college professor?

Dude. Why do I want both of my kids to end up in the university system? Got me.

Beh-de, beh-de, beh-de, That's all folks!

3 comments:

Saly said...

The thought of my 1st kiss makes me want to vomit today too. I think I was 13?? 12 maybe?? It was one of the last days of 7th grade.

I don't want to think about my own kids making out at 12/13 years old. BLECH

d e v a n said...

My kids will not kiss anyone till they're at least 16. *sticks head in sand*

LoriD said...

The first kiss thing is sooo funny!

Academics, huh? Well, you can get them started by giving them bad fashion choices, like short-sleeve shirts with ties and socks with sandals. Hee.