Is he safe? Yes.
Is he happy? You bet.
Is he eating/sleeping well? Oh, better than he does at home, I'm sure.
Does he miss us? Not so much that he even has mentioned it. Even while on the phone with me whining how much I miss him. Not even once.
Why am I so bummed when he would just be out with his friends anyway? Got me.
Mope. Mope. Mope. Cry a bit and mope. Frown. Sad. Sad.
That and Honey had a job interview that went wonderfully and got offered a job that would have cut his million hour long submarine sandwich of a commute into tiny bite sized pieces, but while they were impressed with his mad skillz and thought him an all around great guy, they didn't even offer him a salary in the range Honey had mentioned BEFORE he took a day off of work to go to the damn interview. (Dude. He TOLD you a range of how much he was looking for. WHY would you waste everyone's time and not even go with the lowest amount in the range!?!?! Asswipe.) Plus, the benefits rivaled those afforded to the guests of the lovely Guantanamo Resort. Yeah.
So. I am sad. And bummed. And sad.
I was kind of bummed this morning to start out with and thought, oh, I will weigh myself as I have been dieting like a fiend (even though I had to stop walking due to aching knees. They are much better now.) so, I am sure I lost at least maybe half a pound or something. I actually gained a pound and proceeded to have McDonald's for lunch.
Screw everything, man.
6 comments:
Oh Misty!
I feel your pain, here have a VERY BIG HUG from me.
I'm sorry, and I hope tomorrow is better.
if it makes you feel any better, i got your package today!!! I LOVE IT!!! i blogged about it...
and ps- mcdonalds rocks! i don't care what anyone says!
Things really do seem to pile up don't they. I know when my son was gone for a week my hubby walked around like a ghost, he just hated having him gone. I am sorry that job isn't working out but probably it really wasn't right for him anyhow (even though it seemed to be). Sorry I am trying to be glass if half full girl... Is it working?
I miss my guys when they're away too. I usually cheer myself up by purging some of their toys/crap that they won't miss. Bad mother.
That SUCKS about the job. I now post the starting salary for positions I need to fill with the job ad. That way if it's not in the right salary ballpark, they don't even apply. Something else will come up, especially with his mad skillz and all.
Go back to measuring inches rather than weighing pounds. Weight is fickle.
I've been away from the kids for a few nights, but they've never been away from me....you know, me here and them somewhere else? It's different when I know they are here with Hub.
I hope today is a better day for you, and I hope that one bad day didn't ruin the overall high you've been on lately.
Hugs to you....
Post a Comment