Friday, July 18, 2008

*Cue Rocky Theme*

Today is Fitness Friday! Where I bemoan the status of my chunky thighs and you all tell me how fascinating that is. (Part B is optional.) Today is Day 11 of the challenge to get myself back to the nearly pre-pregnancy weight of 150. I have given myself until February 28, 2009 to accomplish this goal, which is about 32 weeks to lose 39 lbs. So that is a goal of a little less than a pound and a quarter a week. Doable? I think so.
  • I have just decided (just! this very second!) to weigh/measure once a week, on Fridays. Since I just made up this rule, as of this past Monday, I had lost a cumulative of 7 inches. The biggest loss was in my waist of 4 inches. The rest was scattered here and there in less-than-an-inch increments.
  • Even though the colossal waist inch lossage, my pants still don't fit. Harumph.
  • As of this morning, I have lost a total of 9.25 inches.
  • Since I did not have a scale before I started this little challenge, I don't really know what my originating weight was. The last time I went to the doctor (which was in March sometime) I was 195. I think I might have put on a pound or two since then since my clothes were seeming particularly constricting, but I have no idea, really, what my true originating weight was. I was thinking 200, but I think I may have overshot it a bit. As of Monday, I weighed 189. Today I weigh 187.
I wanted to tell you guys about FitDay.com, which I think is super cool. It is free and you get to hold your self accountable by typing in every single measly bite you have taken all day! Including that fry you stole...er...borrowed from the baby while he was screaming because he wanted your husband's dinner rather than his own! It also charts weight, inches, water intake, exercise, etc. I am pretty impressed with it because it is similar to what Weight Watchers has for their online program (only, you know, without points and stuff) only FREE. (The Weight Watchers online program practically costs as much as a gym membership.) Gotta love free stuff, dude. I am personally using the FitDay thing through the Prevention website, so it is a wee bit different looking, but I am sure the content is much the same. Go check it out. You know. If you are doing this mad-crazy-finding-your-waist-thing. (Assuming yours is lost like mine).

I am also exercising daily if I can, but I am having some significant knee pain. What is up with that? So I am trying to be more gentle to myself. I know the pain is from the exercising, but I have just been walking. Any of you fitness aficionados who know what I am doing wrong, let me know, eh? Because the 'ouch' is crampin' my groove.
___________
Chantal over at Two Hands Full is also doing Fitness Friday! Go check her out!

7 comments:

Chantal said...

I am so going to visit that FitDay website. I used to belong to WW and it was nice but I am all about saving money right now. Good on you for the inches lost. I didn't measure but I have to admit that even though my muffin top is smaller my pants don't feel much looser. I guess it takes time eh.

LoriD said...

I can believe that many inches can be lost in such a short amount of time. Go you!

Whenever there is knee pain, I immediately give my shoes the stink eye. It could also be technique, depending on the exercise you're doing. If it's just walking/running, my guess would be the shoes.

LoriD said...

That would be I *can't* believe. Duh.

Misty said...

LoriD - I am working on the assumption that there was a whole lotta water weight hanging at my waistline. I seriously doubt that I will ever see this dramatic of loss again.

Nowheymama said...

I am going to check out that website. I just don't have the $ for WW right now.

Kate said...

do you think, by chance, if I simply read about you doing fitness fridays, my waistline may slim a bit in solidarity?

Kate said...

do you think, by chance, if I simply read about you doing fitness fridays, my waistline may slim a bit in solidarity?