And now.... for the rrrEST of the story...
Or at least the next few questions until I figure you tire of my drivel and stop.
Ecchs said...
Do you play a musical instrument and if so, which instrument and at what level of ability?
No musical instrument playing here, although I always always wanted to. My first passion was to learn to play the piano. Then it was the guitar. Then it was the violin. Mind, I never actually owned any of these instruments or took lessons or anything. It was just something I always wanted to do but never got around to.
I would like lessons for my kids though. Honey has the opportunity to get his granny's old piano if he doesn't lose it due to inaction. What is it with men and inaction? Oh wait, you are asking the questions here, right? Next...
Megan said...
What are the last three books you have read (for yourself)?
Um, Let's see. War & Peace, Shakespeare's Sonnets, and How to Build Your Own Peaceful World Through Rainbows and Sunshine.
Ok, not really. But I am a bit shamefaced to admit that I just got done reading this quartet for the umpteen millionth time. Because I love her. The author, the protagonist, the world. It is great, you know. Although I feel I should like things that are more grown up, YA Fantasy is really my cup of tea.
Eleanor Q. said...
What a good idea to have us ask questions! What do you like best about blogging?
The Folks! I like reading other people's blogs. I came into this with the idea of getting other people to read MY blog, as sort of a writing exercise to keep my mental muscles flexing and also to chronicle the events in my family. But what I like best is reading what other people have to say. To hear their triumphs and failures. To relate. To have something that feels like friendship and community, even if I might never see any of these people face to face.
Anyway, that is why I blog.
Daycare Girl said...
In what phylum IS a philodendron classified?
I believe it is Tracheophyta, which is to say vascular. Attend: Vascular plants (also known as tracheophytes or higher plants) are those plants that have lignified tissues for conducting water, minerals, and photosynthetic products through the plant. Vascular plants include the ferns, clubmosses, flowering plants, conifers and other gymnosperms. Scientific names for the group include Tracheophyta and Tracheobionta, but neither name is very widely used.
I am not really smart. I just used The Google.
Fiona Picklebottom said...
I mentioned this in another contest where the question was whether we preferred pie or cake, and that question is:Is Boston Cream Pie a pie or a cake?
Dude. It is a CAKE. With CAKE in it. Therefore it is a CAKE. With like, pudding shit on it. Much like a Cheesecake is really a PIE. With PIE CRUST. Therefore it is a PIE.
Enough shouting. Don't make me come in there!
7 comments:
The rest of the story! Paul Harvey! I remember that!
Also, I am with you: it's Boston Cream CAKE.
I'm anxious to get my kids started in music lessons. I took piano, but I'm thinking guitar for my guys (much cooler around the campfire and you don't have to find a spot for it in the living room).
It is a cake; why IS it called pie?
I love this post!! And whatever it is, Boston Creme Pie is disgust-O! I hate custard with a passion.
I always wanted music lessons as well. I took classical voice lessons my whole life, but I always felt like I missed out on the instrument piece.
I always wished I could play the piano...
I've never had Boston Cream Pie, er, Cake.
I took violin lessons for about a week and also clarinet lessons for less time.
I have always wanted to play the drums and plan on starting a garage band for old people who want to rock out on punk rock when they retire.
Come over to visit, I am having a giveaway!
These are fun posts! Can't wait for the next one (with my question bien sur :p) I learned recorder, violin and piano (in that order) and was always much better in my head than in reality.
And I totally agree on the why of blogging- I started it to let my friends and family around the globe keep up with where I was and what I was up to. But I just love reading about other peoples lives and really feeling like I have friends out in the world - even though I may never meet them.
hey! it's me! pinkelefant! i can't seem to get in touch with you! i have emailed you and commented... my email is pinkelefantcaren@yahoo.com
or you can try cstead@buffaloschools.org
i can't be more excited to win something!!!
Post a Comment