Friday, July 25, 2008

And the Beat Goes On...

And here's another round of Fitness Friday! Where I bemoan the status of my hips and you suffer through the telling of it!

It's really not good folks. My body is playing mathematical tricks on me. It knows how much I hate math, and yet...here are the numbers:
  • Day 17 - weight: 185 (down 2 lbs from last week/4 lbs total) I am very unimpressed with this. But do you want to know what is even more unimpressive?
  • Inches: UP 2 inches from last week. Total loss: 7.25 inches.
  • (Can I get a "What the Hell?" Because that is what I am thinking. How can I have LOST two pounds, yet my body has actually gotten BIGGER? Sucks. I am telling you. Sucks. Still can't fit into my jeans. Bah.)
Things that have most certainly and cumulatively been causing my demise:
  • My knees have been bothering me so much that I just last night was able to exercise again. I was too busy babying myself with Tylenol and Ben Gay to venture out. Of course I was working on the philosophy that if it hurt, I shouldn't do it. They are really much better now. (Yes, LoriD, I am casting wary glances at my beat up tennis shoes.)
  • I was pretty depressed this week. Food is a lovely comfort blanket and according to the lovely FitDay calorie counter, I consumed an average of 1430 calories a day, which is too much if I want my chunky ass to be less of a chunk.
  • Accidentally bought REDUCED fat, no sugar added ice cream instead of the fat FREE, no sugar added ice cream. Oh man, it tasted so much better. So I ate more of it. Of course, that did nothing for my thighs.
  • Also, my muscles are a bit sore from the new dance class I started this week. Could this be causing some slight swelling? Maybe that is what the two inches is from? I am grasping at straws here.
So, that's all I got. Later.

4 comments:

Chantal said...

If it makes you feel better I have had a similar issue. Last week when I weighed in I was 156, this week I have consistently been 158 or 159. It is driving me nuts. I don't understand why (I haven't been eating any different). About being down 2 pounds in one week. that is awesome. I usually strive for 1lb a week loss. You are doing great.

Nowheymama said...

I am much more inspired by people who struggle with fitness than by people who find it easy. What I'm trying to say is: you inspire me.

d e v a n said...

Sorry about the inches, but at least you lost 2 lbs!! hang in there!!

Heidi said...

That is great you are trying so hard. You will reach your goal. I wish I had some motivation to get back on the exercise and diet wagon.