Monday, April 7, 2008

Busy Bean

OhMyHolyCrap I am freaking tired. We had a pretty work intensive weekend, but it always seems like our weekends are work intensive. There is just so much to be done and so little time to do it. Spring has Sprung in our neck of the woods and there are beds to weed and seeds to plant and lawns to mow and trees where you need to snip off all those little shoots that want to become branches in the 'wrong' spot...And then you have two little people who need caring for as well.

Honey and I were talking yesterday and I was telling him how Brother was nothing nothing like Jelly Bean when he was the Bean's age.

Brother: Laid back. Didn't get into stuff. Even when there was stuff to get into. Just chillin' chillin'.

Jelly: Busy. Give him 10 seconds and he will find the most destructive/messy/dangerous thing in the room and insist on having it. Your coffee sitting on the desk? All over the floor and the Bean has subsequently slipped and fallen and coated himself in said coffee and is therefore a Coffee Flavored Jelly Bean. In 10 seconds. I swear.

Honey sometimes says having another child is contingent on Jelly's behavior. Well, yes, he is busy and requires a lot of work, but I don't think this is a good enough reason to say, "Oh, we're stopping here. We have one energetic child." I guess I think we can do it even if Jelly Bean has a lot of energy. He is a good baby, really. He doesn't fuss a lot and goes to sleep with no problems. He eats good and isn't really picky. He is just a mover and a shaker. Nothing wrong with that, right? (Tell that to us when we are immobilized on the sofa and exhausted beyond belief...)

5 comments:

jen said...

That is my first and second to a T. I never had child-proof devices in the house until D became mobile. We did have another one and D is still "that kid" but we'll see what J is like hehe. So far he's like his older sister was as a baby so I'm thinking maybe he'll be like her.

d e v a n said...

I've had 2 like your Jellybean, so maybe my 3rd will be a little laid back. lol

Saly said...

I've always said that if my first were like CA we'd probably never have anymore. sEriously, she is just HARD.

Yet here we go with a third....

LoriD said...

My first was like Brother - I always knew where she was and she never got into too much. She was calm and quiet.

My second sounds just like Jelly. Into everything, always seconds away from peril. Exuberant, to say the least.

My third is quiet like the first, but busy like the second. She gets into everything, but she's sneaky about it. She's the hardest, by far!

Family Adventure said...

I have a Jellybean as a number 2, too. And I LOVE it. Though, I did stop there...ehem... :)

Heidi