Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Scowl

Things don't seem to be going my way. *Scowl*
  • The Ominous Committee is making my life miserable again. Emails I write are confusing. I get a committee I chair to work their collective tushies off and still feel like it is not good enough. I am the Committee Bitch (meaning I am the "secretary" type who orders lunch and types minutes all while still doing the harder stuff like chairing subcommittees and heading data collection.) Blah. Someone get me my old job back. *Scowl*
  • I have been having dizzy spells, swelling in my legs and feet, and some fatigue. I am afraid it is diabetes as my dear old granny has drilled it into my head our yucky family propensity for the disease. And it is not like I am skinny or anything. *Scowl*
  • So I am going to the doctor next week. Why next week? Because I have to be a "new patient" again because I haven't had an appointment for three years. *Scowl*
  • I can't get my herbs to grow in the pots. I think I shouldn't have used the old crappy soil I had and can't seem to keep them watered enough. I should just start over, but hate to abandon the little sprouts. Even though they have been half an inch tall for like a month. They aren't getting any bigger is my point. *Scowl*
  • I have to work two weekends this month. I told my boss I was perturbed and she told me I can have comp days to make up for it. I told her I didn't want comp days; I want my weekends. I want to see Brother and Honey and if I take off on a Wednesday, they are in school and at work, respectively. She said, "Don't you need some 'you' time?" No. I need family time. *Scowl*
  • As much as I bitch about work, I am moonily in love with my boss and can't imagine ever leaving her. I am also afraid I wouldn't know who I was anymore if I wasn't working with the organization I am with. So even though a really good opportunity has presented itself...I am too chicken to apply for the position. Scowl? I am not sure.
Even with the mass negativity, I have some good stuff going on.
  • I will be getting a raise in July.
  • I am going to a HUGE Event this weekend that is right up my alley. Honey is coming, too. One Million Kadrillion bonus brownie points if you can guess.
  • The garden is growing well.
  • I have a wonderful family, a sound roof, and a full belly. Really, what do I have to complain about?

6 comments:

Family Adventure said...

I have no idea what is going on this weekend, I am imaging it is something you need to be States side to know about??

But I am glad you have a good boss. That is so important, even when the work sucks (and the weekend work thing does suck big time). So hang in there and enjoy that raise coming your way!

Heidi

d e v a n said...

A raise is good!!!

LoriD said...

I feel the same way about weekends. I would rather work 3 24-hour days in a row than give up my weekend. Maybe you could save your comp days for when Brother is out of school for the summer?

LoriD said...

Oh, and my guess is that you're going to a Feminist Pioneer Woman Gardening Show. :-)

Misty said...

LoriD! So close! But not quite.

But that sounds like a freaking awesome event. Let me know if you ever hear about the Feminist Pioneer Woman Gardening Show. Because I am so there.

Anonymous said...

Yay for a raise, but indeed, working weekends sucks.

Hmm, I'm wondering what you are up to this weekend. Is Bill CLinton coming to town again???