- Brother takes piano lessons at the local university. He was taking them with a teacher in her home, but she had her first baby and is on maternity leave. We used this opportunity to explore other venues. Brother loves going to the music building where there is always someone rehearsing or a recital or concert going on. He has lessons with a graduate student there in the practice rooms through a community music school program with the university. I remember loving going to that same music building when I was in college. It is such an exciting feeling to know he feels just how I felt when I walked in when I was not a whole lot older than him. Like a gift.
- I have begun summer planning. There will be band camp and piano lessons. Swim lessons and we are looking at day camp for the Middles. Summer is so expensive, but I want them to have a busy, fun summer so badly. And if they hang around here, there is the chance of boredom and too much screen time and I will never get the baby to nap with their loudness in residence. Weekends are difficult enough.
- Summer always makes it feel like money is tight. We will be going to Ohio. I am still trying to hire painters. And the kids want to know when we are going to the beach. I was kind of considering skipping the beach this year. I love that it is a yearly tradition, but the Ohio trip will be long and likely expensive. I might be able to schedule a beach trip when we get back if the cabins aren't booked.
- We still need to get Honey's plane ticket for the Ohio trip and get the baby's birthday stuff taken care of. Ug, I need to get on that. I got her birthday outfit and ordered her photo banner. I need to do invites. I am going to order catering from Izzo's and might bake her cake myself. I am going to try to keep it simple. I am so not good at keeping it simple!
- Haircuts. The boys all need haircuts. I must do haircuts! They are looking pretty shaggy. Their hair was really long and trims were a bit more simple. When it grew out, it wasn't such a mess. Just longer. Then the Middles decided they wanted short cuts like their dad, which is really good for summertime. But they are growing out crazily and showing all my cutting flaws. I really need to do something about it.
- I have tried adding pictures to bring some visual interest. Glad I figured out how to do it more easily. Yay me!
Friday, May 1, 2015
Friday Tidbits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I need to do more scheduling for this summer. Ug. I don't want to.
They are so cute!!
I have planned some summer camps but the only thing keeping me from doing more is $$$! Good grief! EXPENSIVE!
Post a Comment