Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Togetherness

Summer is officially here as of last Thursday. This means a whole lot of family togetherness! I had a cram-packed summer planned, but camp might be getting cancelled. This is throwing me into a tailspin.  I hadn't planned activities for those weeks because: Camp. All day. If camp doesn't happen, we will have time to go to more library programs, but this would only be a few hours on a couple days. Not all day, every day.

I was looking forward to camp. Just today, Scooter got sent to time out because he threw things at me in anger. Then, whilst in time out, he emptied the bookshelf onto the ground. We read a lot. It was enough to cover most of the floor in 6 inches of books. When the rain stopped, I made the Middles go outside. Within 15 minutes, Scooter comes screaming in with a mudball to the back of the head which was "accidental" according to Jelly and his posse.

So! Summer. Not going as I planned, but when does it ever?

I am having a hard time appreciating the time I have left before I go back to work. I have calendars of events and every single thing I do, I feel so glad it is over. Check! Check! Off the list. What's next? And I can't fathom how I am going to work full time and do all this stuff that needs doing. Still worried about childcare needs and how exactly I am going to handle that. Oh, and Honey and I really wanted to go on a trip this fall, but our chosen location is ending up being wayyyy more expensive than I bargained for.

Am I rambling? I'm rambling. Let's count blessings:
  1. The baby turns one and her party is this weekend. We will have friends over and I love friends.
  2. Our Ohio trip is getting closer and closer. I miss my family. I can't wait to catch lightning bugs and feel the soft, soft grass beneath my feet and eat ice cream.
  3. My husband is such a champ. He works all day and comes home and rescues me from tiny hooligans. It is our 10th year this year! I am such a lucky bug.
  4. I have a new computer in my room that I don't have to share with children. This is huge.
  5. I paid bills and we have enough money to pay our bills. This might seem like a cop out blessing, but things unexpectedly came up. I wasn't sure, but we are all good.

No comments: