Wednesday, May 13, 2015

It was worth it

Last week was a particularly difficult week. I finally bit the bullet and hired painters. However, since they were driving from an hour away, they also talked me into putting baseboards in the addition (which has been baseboardless for five years!!!) and fixing up the wooden swing set in the backyard.

The swing set was getting hazardous. Apparently getting the rubber coated wood was NOT a good idea. I thought it would protect it. But the company thought they would save some money and use untreated wood in the coated pieces. Termites thought this was dandy and ate out the wood, leaving a dust filled tube.  I also had no idea that you have to do yearly maintenance on those things. You are supposed to paint or seal the wood yearly? Hubba wha? I am hoping we now know enough to keep the one we have until the baby has grown out of it. It cost more than expected to fix it up. Anyway. Don't buy wooden swing sets.

The baseboards are beautiful. I love the paint colors we chose. But having my house tore up for a week? Negatory. That was HARD. Hats off to folks who do it for longer. Only two rooms in my house did not have something being done. Honey and I were snappish with each other and the kids all week. But now it is over. Everything is pretty and major stuff got crossed off my to do list. (Hello, baseboards.) Now I can dream of fixing the flooding yard. Heh.

 Living room and hall color
 Master bedroom color
Master bath color - my beachy dreams are starting to come truuuuuue!

1 comment:

LoriD said...

Whoa - it all looks great but I LOVE the Master Bedroom colour. It's like beach glass.

We're on the tail-end of our big kitchen reno (5 weeks and counting). It's all worth it in the end, but the middle is tough.