- Snowballs were procured. Cherry, Wild Cherry, Blue Hawaii, Candy Apple, and a conglomeration called the Hannah Montana which was grape, bubble gum, and cotton candy. It wasn't horrible. Kinda.
- An English project was worked on for many many many hours. You'd think it would be done. Or awesome. But, not yet.
- The porch railing was painted white. So pretty! The chocolate colored floor might need done again. There is chippage on the steps already and it was done just a few weeks ago. Bleh.
- A third quote was received from painters for the interior. Also a baseboard install and swing set repair.
- French fries and sweet tea were consumed.
- Hair! Was! Cut! But just the middles. Time ran out for Brother and Honey.
- My folks visited.
- I took my dad out for a birthday lunch. I had blackened redfish with a loaded potato casserole and grilled vegetables and a salad. And the strongest Peach Bellini I have ever had. The food took a while to come out so they offered me a second Bellini on the house. I had to decline. There was no way I could drive home if I had two.
- Teenagers visited and were carted all over town.
- We finally put the baby swing on the swing set. She is in love. She actually fell asleep in it and we were able to do some yard work.
- The wading pool was put up and the entire neighborhood had to change clothes multiple times.
- Water balloons were involved.
- We took a walk into the neighborhood they are building the next street over. House size is comparable and the prices are decently high. Hoping that it helps our property value as we are probably still, best case scenario, $40,000 upside down. Still, HOPE!
- The weather was unseasonably beautiful. It was a great weekend.
Me and My Pa

3 comments:
What a cute picture!
That picture of you and your dad is so great, it's like the kind of casual/selfie photo that a professional photographer would take for a magazine piece about capturing the happy family moments.
I'm joining in to say what a great picture that is, and also what a great weekend! I love when I have a busy weekend and it's filled with so much fun.
Post a Comment