- Yesterday we went to the Capitol to go to a couple of museums and have lunch. It was kind of neat. We went to places we had never been to before. There was art, science, battleships, and pizza. Pretty cool!
- I had massive panic attacks over heights though and felt like an ass. Shaky and terrified the kids would fall. Clearly, it is a good thing I live in a flat place. If there were mountains about, I might keel over.
- Our summer camp plans got upended. It is a difficult setback as I had nothing planned for those three weeks and now we are completely without plans. So, we will go to the library events offered. Piano lessons have started again. I will try to keep the kids from screaming with boredom and not sulk about how things never seem to go the way that I planned.
- Speaking of the library, I think I checked out just about all of the new picture books they had set out. Sorry everyone else! Greedy. We will return them promptly, though. Usually before the week is up. I am worried about how we will function when we have no library to go to in July because we will be in Ohio. I doubt Ohio libraries will lend us books. Maybe I should ask though? Policies are different everywhere.
- Honey and I are trying to go on a anniversary vacation, but there are these children, see? And they require care and watching and feeding and such. Because I am home right now, we don't have daytime care for the baby. So, this would require someone (my mother) to actually take a week off of work so we can go on a trip. This feels so incredibly inconsiderate and also sad. We really want to go. We could and might just take a weekend trip, but it is kind of a big anniversary. It is so disappointing to settle.
Monday, June 8, 2015
Tidbits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes to the anniversary plans. We keep thinking maybe for the NEXT big anniversary we can go away, and it keeps not being feasible, because of the children. Even though the youngest is now 8, I can't really imagine my parents handling all five of them for a week, or even for a weekend. And where would they do it? Their house, where they're set up for two people and the kids would have to pack TONS of stuff and there aren't enough beds? Or our house, where all the kids' stuff is, but then I'd have to clean and also my parents would feel awkward and out of place and wouldn't want to sleep in our bed? Impossible.
Oh, I hope you can go! I practically begged my parents to come down for our 10th and watch the kids and when they said no I have never asked them again. We just celebrated 13 and still haven't managed an away trip. If at all possible - I KNOW it seems impossible - do it!
Is there anyone she could split the time with? I have offered to pay my mother her workday wage to have her take off to watch the kids for trips before. When we go, we usually do a Thursday through Sunday and my in-laws keep the kids Thursday and Friday and then deposit them at my house and my mom watches them over the weekend at our house. I hope you can make it work!
Post a Comment