It feels chilly for this time of year. I just opened the window in front of me while a mountain stream recording plays on the tablet. I could almost pretend I am somewhere else. The rain and storms over the past few days have knocked down trees along the roads that lead to Scooter's Mother's Day Out program. We look at the large branches and the big trees on the wires and in the yards. It is funny how they call it Mother's Day Out, when really I just come home and put the baby down for a nap. I pay for it so Scooter can go play with new kids for a few hours. He really enjoys it and I feel better about his socialization because of it. The baby has been sick. Yesterday they sent me to the hospital to get a urine sample to see if her high fever is a UTI. I just thought she was teething. Three tries later, still no sample. They sent us home. I eventually was able to get maybe a tablespoon and Honey dropped it off at the lab on the way to work.
Honey isn't actually working today, but rather attending some sort of teleconference with an exceptionally slow and dull trainer. I told him that the guy he is filling in for at the training owes him lunch. And also to enjoy the simultaneous atrophy of his glutes and grey matter.
Mother's Day is coming up and I secretly want a musical instrument. However, we spent a ton of money on new shrubs and mulch and I did say that should be my Mother's Day present. And the handyfella is coming this evening to give us a quote on wall repair and paint. Plus, I have no time to scratch or do dishes nor pee without holding the baby (THIS is the stage we are currently enjoying.) So what makes me think I would be able to play a noisy instrument? I couldn't even wait until the kids were asleep because: noise. However, I read the other day that you shouldn't put off your dreams until 'later.' Something like the later doesn't always come. I have said this to my parents before. Don't put off all your traveling and vacations until retirement. Spend some money now making memories. They don't listen, of course.
And I should be using the time and effort to fit into my pre-baby wardrobe instead of struggle with a new skill. (I do guess getting into my old wardrobe would be struggling with a new skill. Or at least a skill I have never mastered.) When
we go to Ohio this summer, I am going to have to stand next to my
beautiful cousins. Really not looking forward to that. I have made a countdown calendar to motivate myself, but either still nursing or the mid-thirties metabolism slow down is thwarting me. I am so much happier as a person when I am not dieting. Literally, I was in such a vicious mood on Saturday that I sat down and had a piece of cake. I was better after that. The calming effect of carbs. I guess I just need reprogrammed or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment