- Went to visit a friend to give her pink baby things as she will have a pink flavored baby sometime this year. Felt sadish. Goodbye pink baby things.
- We have a new feral child in the neighborhood. I feel so sad for these kids. They are so...unparented. And I want to help them! But I also remember an old colleague of mine saying: Do not make your children the social experiment. Still, what do I do when this destructive child wants to play? Honestly, I watch him like a hawk and send him home at the first ruffle. Begone, problematic kid.
- Kids are exhausting. Honey and I are so freaking tired. Ug. So so tired. I would love to just go to bed and sleep for a million years. But the baby seems to be going through some nighttime separation anxiety. She doesn't actually want to nurse. She just wants me to hold her and rock her forever and ever and ever. Scooter wakes up and assumes the very first thing he must do is wake us. He is four! Surely he can...go play or something. Please kids, just five more minutes.
- We don't have major plans for the weekend. Or any plans, for that matter. I would really like to have a date with my husband to maybe go eat and go to the home improvement store. Saucy. Still, a date is a date.
- Brother wants to have a friend spend the night. This is a nice friend. While they will stay up all night, they will do so mostly silently. A nice kid whose mother demands he come home at 9 AM and the friend just gets up and goes. At 9 AM. I am not sure Brother would get out of bed at 9 AM if the house was on fire. So, I told Brother clean the bathroom and the friend can stay. Zing! I feel clever, but really I am sure that most folks would just say, Duh. The bathroom is nasty and he is 14. Make him clean it already.
- Honestly, the jury is still out as to whether he will actually clean the bathroom. The things I think should be carrots for this kid sometimes turn out to be something he could take or leave without a second glance.
Friday, April 17, 2015
Friday Tidbits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My parents had a very wily arrangement: I could make cookies if I cleaned the kitchen first (and of course cleaned up the cookie-making mess). I thought this was SUCH a good deal! (So did they.)
He cleaned the bathroom! So. Yay. :)
H (age 4) had a friend spend the night and I was so not looking forward to it bc S (age 7) had a 2-kid sleepover party for his birthday and it was TERRIBLE (for me, not him). But this kid spent the night and it was MAGIC. I told his mother he could just come live with us.
Post a Comment