Thursday, April 9, 2015

Happy Golden Years

My teenager is not really a recluse. Sure, he spends hours upon hours holed up in his room, texting his friends or engaging in sleeping marathons. While the younger siblings basically worship the ground he walks upon, he rarely has patience for his brothers. He loves his little sister just so long as their interactions last less than five minutes. But when he and I are alone, he will not let me be. It is like he is three again with the demanding of attention.

Listen to this song I made.
Read this joke I found online.
Let me tell you the plot to this anime I have been watching.
Here is what insane thing happened at school today.

Today, he came into my room and laid on my bed and chatted with me. I will say, a lot of the time, he doesn't want me to actually answer him. He wants to talk AT me. The communication is very one way. I think perhaps I should be grateful he wants to talk to me and let me know what is going on with him. He jokes with me a lot. But he isn't such a fabulous listener.

I was a weird teenager who nearly never fought with my parents and spent most of my free time in church being as well behaved as I could fathom. I liked to spend time with my parents. Back then, I was still in the same role as listener. My parent's talked; I listened. Of course, my parents and I never argued on the level that Brother and I argue. Maybe that is just the way it is. We have had a contentious relationship since he was about 5 or 6. We both have strong personalities and a stubborn streak.  I was telling my folks the other day that there is no way any of the other kids will be this rough as teenagers. I got looks of pity. But a girl can hope, right?

Right.

No comments: