The baby will be one at the end of the month. I look at the pictures of everyone's new little babies and it just breaks my heart. I can't bring myself to get rid of the bassinet. No more babies. And honest to goodness, I really don't want another kid. And obviously, I don't want Baby Scooter to quit growing and learning and doing new things. (While he is still combat crawling for the most part - perhaps because we have hardwood flooring - he IS pulling up on everything and may take his first step this month.) But I do wish I could live this last year over again and try to remember more and enjoy more.
I am not moping about too much though. I am busily getting ready for the dual birthday party. I ordered Scooter's smash cake outfit and also matching shirts for him and Jelly to wear to their party. I also ordered custom invites/thank you cards, which I get to print. Placing big custom orders on etsy makes me happy. I was going to do a big themed birthday, but then really took a look at what I was talking about: a whole hell of a lot of work. So I am doing a "Birthday Party" themed birthday. How's that for originality? We are going to have bright colored balloons and streamers. I have a friend who has some handmade carnival type games she is letting us borrow, things like tossing bean bags into buckets and knocking down cans with baseballs. Plus I am going to rent some sort of water slide/bounce house contraption. I am going to get plates and stuff for the cake at the dollar store and probably some other stuff from Sam's. I still haven't decided on food though. Any suggestions for gobs of people?
It is going to be good, I hope. Wish I could get someone to clean my house though...
2 comments:
FUN! We usually order pizza or do hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill for parties. Not fancy, but easy. We usually do fruit and veggie trays and chips for sides, and OF COURSE, cake.
That is so sad that you will be so busy! August is by far my favorite month, I don't know what I would do if I were so busy I couldn't enjoy it properly.
Your little one's party sounds like it will be great! My girl is coming up on 2 and I find myself wishing I had stopped and smelled the roses more during the past year. But I also remember making a vowel to do that when she turned 1 so I think it's just an inevitable thought that you feel like you are never able/have enough time to enjoy the small stuff.
Post a Comment