Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Plus!

There is so much negativity in the universe sometimes. I freaking hate the news, but I have this job thing? That requires me to read the news. Not only the "news" but the worst of the worst news. And then I stupidly involve myself with politics and that sends my blood pressure skyrocketing. So! I am going to make a list of pluses. To cheer myself and serve as a reminder that there is some good in the world:
  • Honey stopped by on his lunch hour to bring me an unsweetened tea. Seeing him in the middle of the day hasn't been possible because he worked over an hour away. With this local job, I can see him more often without screaming monkey children clawing at our legs and demanding fruit roll-ups. Plus!
  • I scheduled our beachy weekend for late this summer, actually after school starts. (You know what my August looks like...) It is a 4 bedroom condo and my parents will be coming, so we can probably have a date night. Plus we will all get our own bedrooms and naptime will be simpler this way. Plus!
  • We have put ourselves back on a financial diet and will have the first credit card payed off (and locked away) next week. Plus!
  • Speaking of diets, WWs is going well for me. I cancelled my meeting subscription thingy to just do the online portion. It is so much cheaper AND I don't have to take time to go to a meeting AND I don't have to step on their scale. Plus! Plus! Plus!
  • Five people complimented me on my shirt today. Plus!
  • I got to sleep in a bit this morning. Plus!
  • Brother will get to go on a trip with my parents this summer and is going to stop in the mountains, where he has never been before. I am excited for him to see this kind of country and maybe get to tour some caverns. Plus!
  • I got to to take Jelly to see Cars 2 last weekend on a little date all by ourselves. Plus!
  • Scooter loves me more than any other person on the planet loves me. When he sees me, he lunges and flaps his arms like if he doesn't get me right that second, he just might die. Or scream really loud. Not always a Plus! but I am currently cherishing this.
  • I have a job that lets me stop reading the gawd-awful news twice a day to watch Scrubs and make milk for my little baby. Plus!
  • I have a job that lets me come in late because I overslept with basically no comment at all. Plus!
  • I have a job that lets me help people who really need help. Sometimes I am great at it. Plus.
  • I have a diet that lets me eat dessert. Hello chocolate chip cookies and cake and ice cream. Plus!
  • I have a husband who listens to me and tries to make me happy. (A daunting task, I tell you.) Plus.
  • I have this little space on the internet that lets me talk to you. Plus!
Plus!

5 comments:

Swistle said...

Those are some good plusses, and now I think I am going to make some cookies.

Nik-Nak said...

So it isn't all bad. Maybe I need a plus list.

d e v a n said...

YAY for pluses!

Saly said...

Swistle is making cookies! Plus!

I am so jealous of your beachy weekend. And your date night and own bedrooms.

Shalini said...

I love happy posts like this. Plus!