Good News! Today, at least, along with big chunks of yesterday (although, not all) I am feeling pretty good. I can eat and not wish I hadn't. I am tired, but I think that has a good bit to do with dreary cold rainy weather. Yesterday, I even danced around with my kids while we watched Here Comes Science, which was a Swistle Christmas gift recommendation...Thanks Swistle! And tonight, we are ordering Pizza because it is a school fundraiser night and Brother got a coupon for a free confection from the pizza place. I forgot to let him use the coupon for the free confection he got for Halloween and he has never let me forget it. (It was only good for one whole day. Dude. That is kind of a crappy coupon, yes? Order pizza on this one and only holiday, which you are not going to be home for anyway, or your kid will whine for the next 4 months about how he didn't get a chocolate lava cake!) So I am hoping to make it up to him. And make the whining stop. I am only slightly worried that said confection should have nuts somewhere in its composition. Only slightly. I will ask to be sure.
Tomorrow I have an ultrasound, just for the hell of it, I think. I can't figure out why they want to have one now and then one at 20 weeks and then another one near the end, when last time, their policy was very European-healthy-pregnancies-don't-neeeeeeed-any-ultrasounds-blah-blah-blah. I personally like being able to peek and make sure everything looks ok in there, so I am not really complaining.
I really will feel better after tomorrow and we get to see the wee little thing flapping around in there. Maybe it will help make it real in a way that the yuckiness of the first trimester didn't. This just in...Honey called and the schools for miles around are cancelled tomorrow due to cold. Weird, right? Let's just hope they don't close the hospital as well or there will be no peeking.
5 comments:
Oh, I'm glad you like Here Comes Science! I'm always nervous when I recommend something.
I hope you get a good peek tomorrow and then everything looks normal and wonderful and reassuring.
yay for an u/s!! I want a peek too, post pics. ;)
Wait, for cold? How freaking cold IS it?
I can't wait to hear about the ultrasound!
For cold.... hahahaha. I wish!
That's exciting that you get an ultrasound. I only had 4 u/s total over 3 pregnancies.
Post a Comment