Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sorry

So, are you tired yet of hearing of my early pregnancy woes? Then I suggest you mosey along, because here I go again.

Instant messages sent to Boss:

Ug.

I know why you always forget how awful you feel during the first trimester. It is evolutionary necessary, lest the species no longer exist.

I may lie down on the floor. Don't be alarmed if you see me in a heap.


I am still considering lying on the floor. Wondering if my exhaustion/nausea overpowers the whole "man, that floor is dirty" issue.

I have a meeting tomorrow far far away in a little podunk town. They will give me a lunch meat sandwich for lunch. What are my risks for toxoplasmosis? Let's ask Dr. Google. Prognosis: Death and Destruction. I think I will bring a SunButter and Jelly as a backup.

Additionally in this whiny disjointed post, it is National Delurking Day or some crap like that. And while I wouldn't mind a feeble waggle of the fingers from the comment section, I understand if you want to stay hidden. I lurk a bit myself.

I hope you all feel much much better than I do!

/whinebitchmoan

8 comments:

Swistle said...

It is absolutely an evolutionary necessity. And also, I don't think a MALL BATHROOM floor is too dirty to lie down on, provided you put a paper towel under your cheek.

LoriD said...

Well, I'm not a lurker (here), but HI! I hope you start to feel better soon. It's such an awful feeling, especially when you have to work and take care of two little ones at home too.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm.... sunbutter! I hope you feel better soon!
~d e v a n

Saly said...

Oh darling, do feel better. I remember those days all to well...not easily forgotten. But you've done this before, and you know that it will disapear in a flash. Thinking of you, and always lurking :)

Jess said...

Oh dear. Feel better soon! Please!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I still don't know if I believe the crap about lunch meat, but that didn't stop me from being paranoid and not eating it my pregnancy.

I remember EXACTLY how it felt to be first trimester pregnant. EXACTLY. I remember that I slept for three days in a row, two weeks in a row over christmas and new years. God I was sleepy. To me, I think it's not that I forget how bad it was, it's that I don't care - of course I'm not going through it right now. Then I'll care, and I'll be all "god I was dumb."

I'm sorry you feel like poop.

Emblita said...

waggle waggle

Nowheymama said...

Hi! I hope your meeting goes well, lunch and all.