We are celebrating Brother's birthday with a mix of friends, pizza, and laser tag. I have never played laser tag. I can bet you that will still be true on Monday.
Later on this weekend, we have another birthday party to attend. One for which I have not bought an adequate present.
Other things I have not bought:
- Snacks for Brother's class tomorrow.
- Any sort of Valentine's Day present for those I love, even though I really really want to.
- Milk. And we really need milk.
This is the banality of everyday life. I can't get excited about it. Everything looks foggy in the afternoons to me. I can't figure out how to not be tired. I tried going to bed super early last night, and due to my lack of consciousness from the hours of 8 PM to 6:30 AM, all hell broke loose. There were many tears: mine and the children's. And dinner was not put away and homework was not done and general terror reigned. That last part can be chalked up to hormones. And I am still really tired. So, anyway. Lessons learned. I am a little worried about what the world will look like when we have three kids. Right now our parenting strategy is pretty much divide and conquer. This works well for us because a) we have two kids and b) they are pretty far apart in age. But what do you do when you have a 9-year-old, a 4-year-old, and a newborn?
Hope the newborn likes the sling, I guess. Nurse while correcting spelling homework. Figure it out in other words.
5 comments:
Oh it is so hard to do stuff when pregnant. I always wish to be checked into a combination spa and sleep clinic for the duration.
It does kind of work out. At our house what works is for Paul to basically take charge of all the established children while I take care of the new one. I mean, that's an oversimplification, but that's pretty much the way it goes.
Brother might turn out to be rather helpful, either with the newborn or with Jelly. Not that you want him to become the third parent or anything, but having a big kid to entertain the littles is sometimes all you need to get through.
We ALWAYS need milk. I don't understand how we go through so much in a week. I'm sure we all have very strong bones and teeth.
Happy Birthday to Brother!
Yeah, it does seem to just work out. And it's good if the baby likes the sling. Big help!
Things evolve. My oldest is 8 and he is very helpful. He can hold the baby, and sing to him. My 4 year old wants to hold the baby but that isn't happening. I know that they will both continue to be big helps as time passes. I have to admit that the occasional evening when I am home alone with the boys I am still getting stressed. D2 is still young enough that the evenings are filled with crying and nursing. Which makes homework time difficult. I can't wait for that to pass. I think the best thing about the 3rd child is that you know that "This will pass". There is no fear that you will have a screaming baby in your arms for the rest of your life :)
I like the phrase "established children" very much
Post a Comment