Monday, January 11, 2010

Oops

So, I lied.

But it wasn't intentional! Really!

See, I get a call on Friday at my house...because we were all home because it was 19* outside. (Really, not that bad. But I can understand a little not wanting to make kids go out into that kind of cold because I know WE don't have the outerwear necessary for that kind of temperature. And I am not looking a gift day off in the mouth...or something.) Anyway, I get a call from the ultrasound place that the doctor's office is sending me to, rather than doing it in the office...and they say:

"Blah blah, deductible, blah blah insurance, blah blah 20%, Gimme $642.83 today, please?"

I said, "Say wha?" And then called the OB office and told them, "Um, no." So we cancelled the ultrasound at crazy hospital place and rescheduled it for a later date in the OB office so that I don't have to pay ungodly amounts of money...at least right now.

So! I lied! I got all of your hopes up and everyone (you know, including me) wants to know everything is ok and I simply can't tell you that. Because I don't know. Because of blah blah gimme yo' money.

But I am really ok with that. I am getting pretty zen about the whole thing. There is nothing to do that is not being done. There is nothing to do but experience the 'right now'. And the 'right now' is getting better. I don't feel so sick all the time. I can feel the first trimester, with its heaps of yuckiness, fading. And this can be nothing but good.

4 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I'm glad they asked for the money *before* instead of *after*!

Waiting patiently with you....

d e v a n said...

well, bummer. We'll wait with you!

Jess said...

Too bad! But so good you found out ahead of time.

LoriD said...

Bummer. How can an ultrasound possibly cost $642? HOW?