Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's...a list!

  • I'm making tea. A gingery cinnamon tea that is yummy and helps setting my stomach a bit. For some reason it bothers me that it is considered a 'holiday tea' when the holidays are over.
  • December went super fast for me. I'm actually glad.
  • Brother asked me just last week when Christmas was coming again. Kids. Go figure. A month of holiday hoop-la just isn't enough for them.
  • We have one last holiday holdout get-together this weekend. On the plus side, I don't have to bring any food-type things. On the negative, it will take an hour to drive there. And I have to wrap presents. Blah.
  • I swear cold weather makes me sick. I get these violent long lasting shivers, which seem to churn the contents of my stomach and make me want to...well, you know.
  • I am wearing new maternity clothes today. I don't need to, but the top is really cute and everyone is wearing tunic-like flowing things, so I don't look out of place. I think.
  • Jelly Bean is having potty issues. He has been potty trained for around 9 months with no real problems, but has just now decided that this is for the birds and he will now commence to making me do ungodly amounts of laundry. I bribed him with cookies yesterday. It worked. But now, we are out of cookies.
  • Brother is having homework issues. He had to do 20 math problems and write 15 spelling words 3 times each last night. It took him 2.5 hours. A good bit of berating on my part occurred, however, I do not think it extended or shortened the homework time.
  • My husband is going on a business trip in February, just in time to throw all my my Valentine's plans in the pooper. Darn job.
  • I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he decides to not board the plane to come home if I don't start being nicer to him. But I got him a nice birthday present. And I am hoping that my bad attitude will fade with the first trimester.

4 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I bought some holiday teas on clearance because I like the flavors and they were way cheaper than usual.

Anonymous said...

Here I am, just a lowly commenter, nothing at all suspicious about me. So what did you get your darling husband for his birthday? If it's a handsome stick, keep the receipt, because he's already been beaten with one.

d e v a n said...

ahahaha! @ Anon.

Don't worry, you will be nicer in the second trimester. IF you're like me though, the 3rd trimester will make him want to run away and never come back.

Misty said...

Indeed...don't we all wonder who Anon is?

Not really. ;)