For one day and one day only, this limited offer has been made. Oh yes! You have been given a sick little baby who will not get up until 8:45 and play for an hour then proceed to sleep all day and therefore you can:
- Watch Will & Grace
- Eat Sugar-Free, Fat-Free Cook and Serve chocolate pudding out of a fancy wine glass
- AND completely shave your legs as you haven't really done a thorough job for weeks!
Of course, I know that this is not how it would be if I were home all of the time. And Jelly Bean being sick really does stink (literally as last night I think he blew chunks all over me, Honey, two outfits, my bed, the crib, the carpet, and every towel we own. Is it gross I am *still* finding puddles? Oy.) but he seems to be getting better. At least he is just sleeping and not throwing up.
Anyway, I am glorying in the proverbial 'me time.' Big grins all around. Now I just need a perfectly delicious book to read. A real page turner. Got any suggestions?
6 comments:
awww, poor baby boy.
I wish I could help you out with the book but I can't even remember the last book I read. Actually I do, it was something by Nicholas Sparks as I got 3 of his books for Christmas.
I hope he's feeling better....and that you don't start blowing chunks everywhere.
Yea! For ME time! Yea, for smooth legs!
And if you can find a book about how not to catch any illnesses that your children might bring home, I'd read that one.
Ha! I swear you guys are psychic. Doug woke up this morning not feeling so hot...went to work anyway. Darn lack of sick time. Watch him get sick just in time to ruin our weekend plans. :) Ah, the joys of children.
The way that it works in my house is as follows:
Kid 1 gets sick
Kid 2 gets sick
Ed gets sick
Just after nursing all of them back to health, I get sick! But guess what? I still have to be mommy! I still have to go to work because I have used my own sick days taking care of the sickos!
The joys, right?
How is the little guy today by the way?
Not so good. He was actually sick again today, after being fine yesterday. Something is just going around the daycare. What are you going to do?
When its going around the daycare, its time for the daycare to sanitize big time, and for my kid to stay home for a few days! I usually get sick THEN the kids get sick! There have been a few times that ALL of us have had the BARFS all at the same time! NOT FUN!
Post a Comment